corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air Intake Advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air Intake Advice
mikehiow

User status: Offline
20th May 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, I have an 1.2 8v with an induction kit which really needs some form of air intake, as its just sat behind the headlight, whats the best thing to do here?
AK

20th May 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put your std airbox assembly back on
Joff

20th May 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it "really need some form of air intake"?

daddysport

20th May 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do is a 2.0 conversion
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th May 05 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daddysport
best thing to do is a 2.0 conversion

mikehiow

20th May 05 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see you guys were helpful

if you dont know, don't bother replying.

and really Joff, why does a a cold air intake need a feed of cold air? lets be honest here, its not rocket science.
Fad

20th May 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on how much money you got? You could buy an intake pipe from piper x and feed it from your front bumper to the filter. Ot just get some piping from B&Q's and route it to the filter.

TBH i wouldnt worry too much about it as you wouldnt notice that much difference
dna23

20th May 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikehiow
nice to see you guys were helpful

if you dont know, don't bother replying.

and really Joff, why does a a cold air intake need a feed of cold air? lets be honest here, its not rocket science.

ignore Joff its not like he works for an air intake company or anything the idiot

as fad said... piperX cold air feed pipe like mine (see garage its mounted in bottom splitter) or use some form of piping from a diy store (flexi-aluminium stuff) the later is obviously cheaper but.....

based on the fact ure car is a 1.2 8v then u'd be better off with a replacement panel filter and ure airbox with a nice air feed to some drilled holes....
mikehiow

20th May 05 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your help

care to explain that in a little more detail though?
dna23

20th May 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i had a PiperX XL cone and changed back to airbox because of flat spots, i don't know if u get them but generall speaking on a smaller engine car u do more with inductions kits....

A flat spot is where the cars torque curve stops climbing as rapidly as it has been - it's natural for a small engine not to have an amazing curve, it's where manufacturers allow for economy.)

Now the problem comes when you change the amount of air or fuel (often caused by fitting an induction kit), the ECU has to work out what's best to do to keep the engine running nicely.

Some people say you can change this by disconnecting your battery for half an hour or so to try and force the ECU to reset itself whereas others say it makes sweet FA difference....

i just found it to get annoying after a while and now have a drilled airbox, (ure standard black airbox with loads of drilled holes in it roughly 1/2-3/4" diameter on the underside and wing side) i then have my cold air feed leading up to it underneath aswell as the standard air feed for the box...

u can see the cold air feed in this pic and then the shoot idea of where it goes aswell as the standard one:

i can go take a proper pic if u want.... btw i use a PiperX panel filter rather than standard so it is more happy to rev and is more hesitant.

it's kinda personal preferance really.

New Poll