corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hyperthetical insurance question - important

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hyperthetical insurance question - important
Lynny

User status: Offline
23rd May 05 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, person A owns a car and has the insurance policy in their own name, person B wants to get insured on person A's car, do they have to do it through person A's policy, or can thye do it on their own, and if so, would person A actually know about it at all (I.E show up on thier policy or do they have to give their permission in anyway?)
3CorsaMeal

23rd May 05 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't have 2 policys on one car basically.

Person B could drive Person A's car with his permission but his insurance will only cover him with third party insurance
Lynny

23rd May 05 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

third party is ok, but it would show on person A's policy?
also whats this 'rule' about if your over 21 and pay so much, you can be insured to drive any car under a certain price or something? E.G. say you're 21, drive a CTR,etc fully comp, pay extra and are therefore insured to drive anything under a certain value? (not sure on this, just something i part heard?? )
3CorsaMeal

23rd May 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some companies allow you to drive any car up to a certain value i think, i know my dad use's other peoples cars sometimes.

not 100% sure how it works tho

i think in the first situation that person A doesn't need to tell his/her insurance, as long as person B has insurance to cover a third party and has told their insurance
Lynny

23rd May 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh cheers, just person A's insurance cant find out about it, but yeah person B can tell their insurer and will be covered third party
its that rule about driving other cars up to a certain value i need to knwo about...if this is true then all is ok ....
3CorsaMeal

23rd May 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best to call an insurance company to get a definate answer
TNM

23rd May 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont assume you are coverd by your insurance to drive other peoples cars third party either!!!
Lynny

23rd May 05 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CM - yeah thats what i was thinking
TNM - its not about me, and not assuming anything ,hence trying to get bit backround knowledge for this person before ringing insurers etc, was seeing if anyone knew how insurance worked
bradfincham

23rd May 05 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with c.i.s insurance youre allowed to drive another car tpft upto 100k value,
but thats with the permission of the owner of the said car.
Its not common use just once in a blue moon etc,

but if youre looking to go on for a year etc, you will need to be on person a's policy, as there the registered owner and you will be a named driver.
Lynny

23rd May 05 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its for a week?
Forever_Hatter

23rd May 05 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Person b can drive person a's car but only third party as mentioned above. person b will have to check what there own policy says as nowadays policies have restrictions of 25 years old +

You can ring insurance companys (person a) and get person B added to policy either permantely or temp (ie a week/month/year)

^^with this you will more than likely have to pay a additional premium to cover the risk of 2 drivers

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by Forever_Hatter]
Colin

23rd May 05 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got to state it in your policy that your insured to drive any car......most the time its not included and it will cost extra to add it!! Only 1 insurance policy per car - if it got damaged and there were 2 companys insuring it which would be liable???
Forever_Hatter

23rd May 05 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed would need to check person b's policy documentation to see if it states you can drive another car...but with most young drivers policys...it has restrictions of 25 years old.

Some policys dont have this option tho as you can buy a mini insure it full comp...then buy a ferrari and drive that under your mini insurance and thus getting cheaper insurance all be it with lower cover. (this is why some policys dont allow you to drive another car)

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by Forever_Hatter]
Lynny

23rd May 05 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cheers people
person B cannot be added to person A's policy, need no record of peron B driving the car on said policy
afaik person b is insured (and has paid extra) to drive any car under a certain value and isnt a 'young driver'. i know this person drives mates cars etc and insurance has covered them to do this (306's etc)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hyperthetical insurance question - important 22 database queries in 0.0249760 seconds