corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Screwed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Screwed!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
31st May 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tommorrow I have a Exam on Maths for scientists (as part of my Computer Science Course) ... I'm not exactly the best at maths, and started missing some lectures for medical reasons (broke my foot for a while), (mainly too drunk to wake up).

either way, the test is tommorrow - and I know jack shit haha. Trying to revise a whole years worth of stuff in a day - not good. Bring on the re-sit!

If I had actually revised properly for this I could of probably done alright, but I've been so busy doing other things and revising for all my other exams, I kinda negletted this one.

Doh.

Paul J
lewie

31st May 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Tommorrow I have a Exam on Maths for scientists (as part of my Computer Science Course) ... I'm not exactly the best at maths, and started missing some lectures for medical reasons (broke my foot for a while), (mainly too drunk to wake up).

either way, the test is tommorrow - and I know jack shit haha. Trying to revise a whole years worth of stuff in a day - not good. Bring on the re-sit!

If I had actually revised properly for this I could of probably done alright, but I've been so busy doing other things and revising for all my other exams, I kinda negletted this one.

Doh.

Paul J

can't wait to be a student
Cavey

31st May 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did maths for computing.

Most pointless gay crap ever, stuff that no-one will ever need to know.

Took me 3 go's to pass it
--Dave--
Banned

31st May 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lweie - why the fuck did you just quote everything he said when you're the first one to reply?
John

31st May 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

I hate maths.
It comes up in image manipulation though.
stuartmitchell

31st May 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Intermediate maths 3 and quantiative techniques for business to do this term

lucky im a smart cunt
Paul_J

31st May 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tell me about it... When will I ever use any of this crap? I can now see why companies prefere experience to uni degree's... In all the time I've been at uni (apart from in my uni room), I've not sat infront of a pc at all.

Just walk into lecture hear some guy babble on about stuff that really isn't relevant and will never be needed in the real world - then go back to my room and really work hard to figure out how the fuck your supposed to do the coursework as they didn't cover it in the lectures

That said, I love the Student Life - Social Life is ace, It's all a good laugh, you get to sleep most of the day, Loan means I'll worry about money later on haha, can't wait for next year - gonna have our own 8 bedroom house - gonna be proper ace

Paul J
Shane

31st May 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul did you get my u2u
Cavey

31st May 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've failed again this year, been out on the piss too much. Again, it's a shitter working @ a pub. Have had 10k of Loans already (from 3 years)

Need to sort something out with the tutors so they actually allow me back next year

I remember going to lectures and just sitting there reading the Sun or Total Vauxhall
SteveW

31st May 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23+7 = 101001011010
Haimsey
Premium Member

31st May 05 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
lweie - why the fuck did you just quote everything he said when you're the first one to reply?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Rob H

31st May 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
23+7 = 101001011010

Paul_J

31st May 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
23+7 = 101001011010

haha... Wrong answer Steve
ed

31st May 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Doh.

Paul J
Don't you find it stupid that you are doing computer science, yet you still need to know maths. I mean, why were computers invented if you still have to do the majority of the thinking?
bradfincham

31st May 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best of luck mate, i have stats exam thursday, ive already got a 1st for my 1st year, but need 40% in this exam to pass it and not resit!
Paul_J

31st May 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats on the 1st dude.

Out of the 8 modules I've done this year - only a couple arn't pure bullshit.

Maths for scientists - Bullshit

Logic and Discrete Maths - bullshit

Func Programming (not like imperative programming) - bullshit.

Algorithms - Oh what bullshit

Computer Systems - So so, but mostly bullshit

Programming 1 - Not bad

Programming 2 - Not bad

Commercial Off the Shelf software - If only they were all like this.

I just hope next year is better
bradfincham

31st May 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

algorithms jesus!!
ive done

motorsport management - ace
manufacturing - ace
materials and electrical physics - boring
analytical techniques - shite
engineering enterprise - shite
engineering statistcis - shite
computing for business technology - ok, excel, access and word
introduction to design - cad assignments

only 3/4 directly relevant to course!!
cheers mate, i just got 90% ish on all the coursework so that helped!!

Stick at it and remember the key points!!

broster
Premium Member

31st May 05 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Tell me about it... When will I ever use any of this crap? I can now see why companies prefere experience to uni degree's... In all the time I've been at uni (apart from in my uni room), I've not sat infront of a pc at all.

Just walk into lecture hear some guy babble on about stuff that really isn't relevant and will never be needed in the real world - then go back to my room and really work hard to figure out how the fuck your supposed to do the coursework as they didn't cover it in the lectures

That said, I love the Student Life - Social Life is ace, It's all a good laugh, you get to sleep most of the day, Loan means I'll worry about money later on haha, can't wait for next year - gonna have our own 8 bedroom house - gonna be proper ace

Paul J

8bed house, eeeek, i had a 6 bed and bugger me it wanst as fun as i first thought, to many people in a student house aint all its cracked up to be!

good luck in your exams tho, i have done two, one more left and its on control systems in engineering.....fantastic! its also the day after pvs so cant see me revising much.....
my girlfriend just did her final exam for a computing degree.....she now hates computers!

also experience helps a hell of a lot, im lucky in the way my course involves a placement year...
Skipz

31st May 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
motorsport management - ace

must be in the blood
Andrew

31st May 05 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I did my maths exam for the 3rd time Spend 5 days 10 (morn) until 3 (morn) but still could not get my head around it Exam went as well as it could and i'm hoping i get a pass.

Had 3 other exams too but only had a day between them to revise Just hoping for passes as i was abused for a week and 1 day

Anyway mate, good luck
Paul_J

31st May 05 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

8bed house, eeeek, i had a 6 bed and bugger me it wanst as fun as i first thought, to many people in a student house aint all its cracked up to be!

It's funny you should say this - I agree with you.

Originally we were only gonna go as 4 to get a house... then 3 others wanted to join us (so we were looking for a 7 bedroom house) ... found one with 8 and thought that'll do, but then someone else joined us...

I'm thinking 8 sharing kitchen, 8 sitting round living room? It's gonna get a bit cramped.

thankfully there are 4 toilets in the house, but after living with en suite and keeping your toilet clean, you suddenly start thinking - eugh if other's make a mess and also think about the amount of drunk nights where I went to bed and thought thank fuck that the toilet was like a meter away, some nights I slept in my bathroom

Paul J
Cavey

31st May 05 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in a 7 bed house for another 2 weeks, me and my mate are on the top floor.

It's crap, the rest of my housemates are wankers, but fortunately we have our own kitchen and we made our "hallway" into a little room thing, got TV and consoles n shit.

It's cool, like a seperate house, but we're moving out in 2 weeks anyway, so it's all good

2 Toilets in the house, seperate shower and bath rooms too. All good
Paul_J

31st May 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get to pick who you were living with though?

in our 8 bedroom house 5 are good mates, 2 are ok mates and 1 I don't really gel with.
Cavey

31st May 05 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, did pretty much, me and my mate on the top floor are bestest mates, the others were people he was living with last year, thought it would have been good, but they're a bit wanker-ish now
Paul_J

31st May 05 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha... I can imagine it going that way with us.

We argued about which house to get, we argued about who's getting what rooms, we argued about who's gonna be parking on the drive and we're not even in the house yet!

It's gonna get far worse I reckon.

Coolest thing is like 6 of the rooms in the house are like the size of my living room at home! Fucking massive haha. The guys who were there had like big sofa's in the corner of their room, one guy had a pool table etc, all double beds too.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Screwed! 23 database queries in 0.0204279 seconds