corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » noises and interfearence

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author noises and interfearence
ryan101

User status: Offline
4th Jun 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i just finished wiring my new install running 3 amps 1 which is powering my 6 x 9s and when ii plug that in and turn the ignition key on my engine and fan both have a wining sound i asked a guy at a ice shop he said its a faulty earth connection so i have tried loads of places but same noise so tried to earth it straight from battery and even that doesnt work any ideas?
Jake

4th Jun 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all the cables to the amps running down the same side of the car?
ryan101

4th Jun 05 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got 1 4 gage running down the side into the boot to a connector block which is 4outputs on into 8 gage live then the same for the earth i have a earthing block with 4 outputs on
Jake

4th Jun 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like one of the audio cables is picking up electronic interference. Im assuming your RCA cables and remote cable are running down the centre of the car?
ryan101

5th Jun 05 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are running down the centre it picks up anythin electronic
Dom

5th Jun 05 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just the one amp thats doing it? If its the 6x9s, then rip it out problem solved

however, does it happen even if the other amps are powered up? Also, make sure you earth is decent - behind the rear light housings there are bolts on the bodywork, use those or the seat belt bolts etc And make sure you sand around that area to remove any paint etc etc
Also try the amp(s) in another car, to make sure it isnt the amp at fault.

If those above doesnt solve it and the amp is fine, then look at getting a filter for your alternator - that may solve it.

edit - also mate, i would run your RCAs/speaker cable down the drivers side, power AND remote cable down the passengers.

[Edited on 05-06-2005 by Dom]

New Poll