corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot lighting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot lighting?
Poot

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, have nearly finished my simple install of an amplifier, Pioneer sub and two 6x9's but I need some sort of lighting in there.

A mate has a exterior red neon which he used to have under his car, just wondering would this be safe to use in the boot (I.e. get hot or anything?)
Was thinking of putting this under the parcel shefl next to the rear bench.

opinions
neiliosxi

2nd Jul 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wouldnt be a good idea to use one tube off a neon invertor as there is too much voltage.
Buy a couple of sets of cathodes off ebay (£8 each) and wire them to the boot light, so when u open the boot they light up.
i'm sure u could buy a large interior neon if you wanted this instead
RKS

3rd Jul 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neiliosxi
it wouldnt be a good idea to use one tube off a neon invertor as there is too much voltage.
Buy a couple of sets of cathodes off ebay (£8 each) and wire them to the boot light, so when u open the boot they light up.
i'm sure u could buy a large interior neon if you wanted this instead

rip off!!! get the exact ones from www.ebuyer.com (search for cathode)they are about £3 if that

i used 2 have an exterior neon running from off my boot light switch and it never blew anything, i think it depends on the neons, this was one of the Max Power ones (so made by streetwise) and the fuse in the power lead was only 2amps it never ever got hot either,

your exterior neon is this the type that runs from an invertor or do u connect direct to the battery?
neoquip

6th Jul 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about a 6" 2.1million colour change ICE LED 'Tron'?

New Poll