corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Santa Pod Today (VIDEOS) - More on Page 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Santa Pod Today (VIDEOS) - More on Page 2
Chump

User status: Offline
9th Jul 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a pretty quiet day today but some nice cars all the same.

Managed to get a 14.4 so well chuffed Just got to sort my starts out....

Right Click Save As

Corsa VS Integra - 6.1mb

Corsa VS Mustang GT - 7.8mb

Corsa VS Skyline - 3.4mb

Corsa VS Unknown V8 (Z28 Camaro Apparently) - 4.6mb (Stuffed 3rd gear change on this one - was winning too )

Corsa VS V8 Pickup - 6.1mb

[Edited on 10-07-2005 by Chump]

[Edited on 10-07-2005 by Chump]
Nic Barnes

9th Jul 05 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats in it to get a 14.4? good time that.

my best with std cxe is 14.69
iceman

9th Jul 05 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine u got in urs?
Chump

9th Jul 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got bike carbs running 180bhp. reckon i could do better but as you'll see in every video I hardly rev the car at all at the start. On my first run (not videod) it spun all over the place so kept the revs down the rest of the time.....running really shit non-brand tyres at the mo so until i can get some slick or something good.....
Chump

9th Jul 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
what engine u got in urs?

C20XE
Nic Barnes

9th Jul 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my set off technique is hold it at 2k, then just let it rip and dont back off in 1st. my time i hit 2nd its spinning just enough to stop it boggin down. shifts better that way for m car
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best way is to hold the revs at 3k then drop it and go!!!
but try do a burn out and warm up those tyres, then u will have so much more grip!!
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3k! fuking hell youll loose so much time spiining your tyres! and dont do a burn out there is no point on road tyres! please tell me your joking!? didnt realise it was a RWYB day today, id have gone, looked quiet
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously if u have got shit tyres there is no point but trust me if u warm up ur tyres they will stick to the glue like anything no mattter wot tyres!!
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have michlin pilot exalto's they aint shit, and by spinning them up they wont get more grip, they are road tyres, they do not need heat to grip! you ask anyone who "knows" about 1/4mile starts and they will say that "warming" up raod tyres is a waste of time!

[Edited on 09-07-2005 by broster]
Fad

9th Jul 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lauch at 2.5-3K and just progressively put your foot to the floor. And if it spins up i just feather the clutch unil it grips
Think i'be managed to get my starts to a reasonable standard.

Best i ran was a 15.1 with sounds and a full interior. The car ran a 15 dead but it wernt me who did it

broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fad, i know whats thats like teddy go faster 0-60 times than me in my car, so i just practiced and practiced untill i cracked his time then i put that technique to use on the 1/4 mile and it work, did a 15.7...not to bad for my 1.6
Chump

9th Jul 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mine has full interior too so reckon if it was stripped and had some decent tyres i may get 14-14.2 secs?

Still i'm happy with 14.4.

There was another red corsa there completely stripped out...and i mean completely that ran around same times as me....interested to know who's it was and what engine etc....
Fad

9th Jul 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
fad, i know whats thats like teddy go faster 0-60 times than me in my car, so i just practiced and practiced untill i cracked his time then i put that technique to use on the 1/4 mile and it work, did a 15.7...not to bad for my 1.6

Gutting aint it

thats pretty respectable for a 1.6 for sure

Chump did it have a smoothed front bumper and a irmsher lip? And black comp MO's? If so thats Corsa Andy i think it is?

this ring any bells?

[Edited on 09-07-2005 by Fad]
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know who rocket ronny is?
he told me that is the way to start and it works well, as fad said u need to feather the clutch if u spin to much and the glue on the track grips to any warm/hot tyres!!!
Chump

9th Jul 05 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah think that was it......funny though car was entirely stripped - not even a dash yet he had a decent head unit and 6x9's
myke

9th Jul 05 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good times mate, nice one.
1st vid is an accord btw
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be andys and he went the nurburgh with it last week!!!
his is very stripped out with a cage and bucket seats!!
Chump

9th Jul 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
good times mate, nice one.
1st vid is an accord btw

thanks - knew it was one of the Honda's - just didn't know which one

[Edited on 09-07-2005 by Chump]
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
do u know who rocket ronny is?
he told me that is the way to start and it works well, as fad said u need to feather the clutch if u spin to much and the glue on the track grips to any warm/hot tyres!!!

yes i do and i dont believe he would say that if he had driven a corsa with a 2ltr or tuned 1.6 trust me! road tyres dont need warming up! so many people say it! have you tried it!? i tried launching high at 3k in my 1.6 and it just span up then i tried again feathering the clutch...then i did a launch at 1.7k and i set the fasest time i have yet! do yo uhave times to prove your technique?
rocket ronnie would have a rear wheel drive car, when you launch it the weight shifts over the back, meaning more grip, a front wheel drive car looses grip over the front when it launches!
Fad

9th Jul 05 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its also down to your personal reactions if as in how quickly you sense its spinning and how quick you change gear so many variables
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but as C4 WLK said getting to 3k and "then drop it and go!!!" this technique would leave lots of smoke and not much movement!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Jul 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yes but as C4 WLK said getting to 3k and "then drop it and go!!!" this technique would leave lots of smoke and not much movement!

i agree
Adam-D

9th Jul 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very
StuartVRS

9th Jul 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
obviously if u have got shit tyres there is no point but trust me if u warm up ur tyres they will stick to the glue like anything no mattter wot tyres!!

load of bollocks. At PVS, even the people who run santa pod were saying its pointless warming up road tyres as it makes no difference at all and can actually make it worse.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Santa Pod Today (VIDEOS) - More on Page 2 22 database queries in 0.0089068 seconds