corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Robbed :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Robbed :(
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jul 05 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an essay but heres the story:

Got in from work last nite at about 2.30am and my mum was still up as she had fallen asleep on the sofa in front of the tele as she usually does...
Anyway i went upstairs to bed, and left her to turn all the lights off and lock up.
Woke up this morning to my mum searching for her handbag, we were looking everywhere for it, at first she thought she might have left it somewhere so she had to go back to all the places she had been. Turns out someone has been in the house either last nite when my mum walked my dog and my sister was upstairs whilst i was in work, or between 4am and 9am this morning as my mum didnt lock the front door
However, we have a dog and if he ever hears anyone come in the front door he runs downstairs straight away, so im guessing it must have been when she walked the dog.
To cut a long story short, they came in nicked my mums handbag with her purse with all her credit cards in with some cash, a 15quid necklace, and a 50 quid watch. it could have been worse though as they left her car keys there and they were right by the watch, might have been different if i had left mine downstairs though
Is it worth reporting to the police considering it happened last night now (thursday) and we will be reporting it sunday? and the fact that there was no forced entry i dont live in a particularly rough area either and you never expect something like this to happen. she has cancelled all her credit cards, but im not sure if any have been used or anything
sorry about the essay
James@CCC

31st Jul 05 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it has to be reported within 48 hours, but its worth a go tho

jut think how much worse it could have been, cos it could have been a lot lot worse
Gaz

31st Jul 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it not have been local kids?

there all off school now so are aloud to stay out later.

not being funny but if the lads from round my way knew that someones door was unlocked they'd be stright in there!
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Jul 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have been local kids yeah,we dont usually leave it unlocked in the night, usually unlocked in the daytime though, but we are keeping it locked all the time now. phoned the police now and they are coming up in a bit to take a statement
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Jul 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also there are some pikies that live within a few doors so it could have been them
Katie

31st Jul 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a bit wierd that they came in and only took your mums bag.its also a bit wierd that they left the keys to the car too. Are you sure your mum hasn't just misplaced her bag, or is that a stupid question??
Carr

31st Jul 05 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fox_e_lady
It is a bit wierd that they came in and only took your mums bag.its also a bit wierd that they left the keys to the car too. Are you sure your mum hasn't just misplaced her bag, or is that a stupid question??

Iwas maybe thinking this too?

Surely if they were going to steal stuff they would have taken something else even if they didn't want to get done stealing cars then some money or other valuables etc
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Jul 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they took a watch and necklace which were on the mantel piece, the bag was on the coffee table. just had the police up now to take a statement so they can catch the scum if they try to use her credit cards. CID are coming up later aswell to do a scene of crime, my confidence in the police has been increased, its about time they caught these theiving scum
Danny P

31st Jul 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr
quote:
Originally posted by fox_e_lady

Iwas maybe thinking this too?

Surely if they were going to steal stuff they would have taken something else even if they didn't want to get done stealing cars then some money or other valuables etc

We got robbed once they broke in through a window and only took a VHS player. I thought it was weird cos they had to walk past a stereo system, about 300 CDs, my wallet and all the car keys etc.

When we asked Police (when they turned up :rolleyes they sed it was most probs a smackhead who someone will have sed to "i need a VHS player, go get me one" so all they would have been thinking of was the VHS so they could get money for drugs - not thinking about everything else
Calum1577

31st Jul 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once caught a guy trying to steal stuff from my house. He broke in through the back door. Woke me up by dropping stuff in the bathroom as he didnt turn on the lights. Thought it was my dog at first but it was still by my door trying to get out the room. Ended up my dog got a hold of my by the leg whilst i called the police. He even tried to have him put down afterwards the cnut. Obviouslt due to him tresspassing my dog wasnt put down.
Tom J
Premium Member

31st Jul 05 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scenes of crime have just got here and dusted for fingerprints, just taken mine now
fax2004

31st Jul 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got burgled, and they stole our VHS player ,but in our conservatory we found a plastic bags with the handles broken and bits of plastic from where the VHS had hit the ground! HEHE, bet it didnt work after that!
Spydee

31st Jul 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Geez, that sucks, keep us updated Tom, hope the cops catch the prick(s)!
Carr

31st Jul 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flameredcorsab
scenes of crime have just got here and dusted for fingerprints, just taken mine now

Was it like CSI

Hope you catch the cunts
Andrew

31st Jul 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cunts

I keep my doors locked at all times unless i'm cooking (not ver often) as it gets smelly. Windows can be opened and locked too which is handy.
the 6ft dream

31st Jul 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fuckin hate theivin twats, sum1 burgles mine n my dads sheds next 2 the house but th bloody police could only giv us a crime number as it had bin rainin the night we got burgled so ther was apparently no finger prints, didnt wanna do any POLICE work more like!!!
Anyway, sorry 2 hear bout tht mate its a bastard wen people help themselves innit!?!
Ally

31st Jul 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the 6ft dream
I fuckin hate theivin twats, sum1 burgles mine n my dads sheds next 2 the house but th bloody police could only giv us a crime number as it had bin rainin the night we got burgled so ther was apparently no finger prints, didnt wanna do any POLICE work more like!!!
Anyway, sorry 2 hear bout tht mate its a bastard wen people help themselves innit!?!

Please click here

Tom i cant believe that happened, specially up in bridgend! Cant believe someone walked right in and pinched it!
mav

31st Jul 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sis in-law was in her living room, somebody walked inback door and grabbed her bag and ran...bro in law and his mate gave chase but lost him...

Moral now keep doors locked when you are in or out of house at all tmes no matter where you live..

shit that though to know somebody just walked in........

and yes report it..
corb

31st Jul 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I often come downstairs in the mornings to find ive left front or back door unlocked Shit maself everytime i do it think what couldve been.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

31st Jul 05 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richie

31st Jul 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a helicopter searching our grounds with their huuuuge searchlights at least once a week

they check fookin everywhere
Richie

31st Jul 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and one time at like 3am police dogs led them to our house so they had to check all our wellies

Hip Hop

1st Aug 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your mum was asleep, so you left the door unlocked, expecting her to lock it? lol lazy fuck.

quote:
Originally posted by willay

That was good...the first time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Robbed :( 22 database queries in 0.3469889 seconds