corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripping your interior...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stripping your interior...
dna23

User status: Offline
9th Aug 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the majority of you have done it?

so why? performance or just because u can and then if u cud wud u have ure interior back or do u like stripped?
broster
Premium Member

9th Aug 05 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did it for performance, but not 0-60 performance, i did it for handeling performance, and i like the look, some say its messy, i say its functional!
white_sri

9th Aug 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've done it for the look, although i think the performance has changed slightly, definately handles and brakes a bit better
dna23

9th Aug 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm tempted to do it tbh but it's really weird and well tbh my light bulbs fell out of my chavvy lights when i did the backroads with nothing surrounding them

doesn't it annoy u all the wiring flapping about .etc
broster
Premium Member

9th Aug 05 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because i cant hear it flapping about...... if you do it do it properly and get rid of everything!!!
broster
Premium Member

9th Aug 05 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infact forget i said that, fuck off and get a retrim ofr something! you big copy cats! also why you getting a show cage for your harnesses?!
corsa120

11th Aug 05 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

striping is the in thing at mo u look at alot of mags even total vauxhall its full of stripped motors, until next year comes and stripped is out and somat else is in fashion

i like look of stripped and trimmed interiors as i have real passion for rally cars i.e these are stripped inside etc but down to individual as its ur car and ur driving it

[Edited on 11-08-2005 by corsa120]
broster
Premium Member

11th Aug 05 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
striping is the in thing at mo u look at alot of mags even total vauxhall its full of stripped motors, until next year comes and stripped is out and somat else is in fashion

i like look of stripped and trimmed interiors as i have real passion for rally cars i.e these are stripped inside etc but down to individual as its ur car and ur driving it

[Edited on 11-08-2005 by corsa120]

In a way i can see your point, but in a way i disagree, people have always been stipping cars, making track cars etc, mags like total vauxhall have see nthis and they feature it as its more the entheusasts(sp) car scene, which is where total vauxhall are starting to aim as they got alot of negatice feedback when they featured chaved up cars.

I did it as i like it, always been into motorsport and thats my style. trimmed is also good just i wouldnt do it, was looking at chumbly warners car at the meet and the trimming is fantastic, love it, but i wouldnt do it as much as he most probably wouldnt go and rip it all out lol
corsa120

11th Aug 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes true mark but if stripping is ur thing why it take u 3-4 more years to do it thats point im making, im still considering it myself rang few places bout cages etc but my mind is un made up at mo.

like i said its down to the person and no 1 can influence another as we are all different, but we movw with trends too.

ur right about total vauxhall m8 as i remember but there still following trends as mag would not sell otherwise
broster
Premium Member

12th Aug 05 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they are following trends true, and what people are interested in.. Iv spoken to many people who say they like the look but couldnt pratically drive the car daily etc. took me the time it did to do it because its actually a costly exercise, £400 for custom fia cage, £420 for 2 buckets, £240 for 2 harnesses, then there is the stearing wheel hub kit, time to paint the floor etc! I know it can be done cheaper but I'd prefer to get proper stuff....

my next car will be lavish inside tho lol, when i get to sell the corsa.
Robin
Premium Member

13th Aug 05 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flappy wiring? i dont have this problem, the only problem i have is that bloody squeak that i cant get rid of from my bootlid...
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 05 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin, adjust the boot lid stops! problem solved
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Aug 05 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah right, it tries to break my arm everytime i open it now, and i have to slam it so hard its gonna break the rear screen soon

but, i dont really need to open it, so it doesnt matter
broster
Premium Member

22nd Aug 05 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i could adjust mine......wish i knew where it was
Robin
Premium Member

27th Aug 05 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SCRAPPY
broster
Premium Member

27th Aug 05 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, wouldnt be suprised....
3CorsaMeal

19th Oct 05 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does adding some kg's up front ruins a cars handling but taking them out the rear doesn't matter?
broster
Premium Member

19th Oct 05 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true
corsa120

19th Oct 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe its true if car chassis has had lots of money say for instance f1/le mans etc type vehicle

corsa are mass produced car poor design etc when compared to above where stupid light materials are used and spoilers an wings are needed to keep the thing on floor lol,

my m8 has stripped out vtr with coilovers and michelin pilot tyres and so light it now slides accross the road its crazy, but affects are better i think stripped laws of physics etc

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by corsa120]
philrussell81

20th Oct 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the process of strippin my gsi out at the moment...

wantin everythin fia approved so its gonna be costly as said above...

somethin ive just wanted to do for a long time
broster
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you want fia approved? seatand harnesses? or cage aswell.......
philrussell81

21st Oct 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seats, harnesses and cage
philrussell81

22nd Oct 05 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is as far as i have got
philrussell81

29th Oct 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front is stripped to.. that stuff is thick!
PaulW

29th Oct 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strippin is fun

people say i ruined my car... i class it as an improvement!

why should I have back seats anyway... there are plenty of buses & taxi's about!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripping your interior... 23 database queries in 0.0122910 seconds