corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car struggles to start,smell of petrol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car struggles to start,smell of petrol
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
10th Aug 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As stated in the topic when i start the engine my car chokes,and if i dont give a bit of gas it's working at 400rpm and then it dies.When i give a bit of gas there's a petrol smell and a exploding sound in the exhaust....really don't know what it is(think you call it missfire?)...maybe it's unburned fuel in the exhaust pipes?Eventualy when the engine warms up everything is normal but from time to time if i rev it...there's that smell of petrol again,and i've noticed that the engine temp is a bit higher that normal 95-96 C.Recenty i have changed the spark plugs(GM ones),cleaned EGR and ICV valve,had a complete set cambelt change(the cambelt and that other stuff that the cambelt is wraped around)Sorry for being ingnorant about this things and i dont really know all the english technical terms.
Can anyone help me solve my problem?
Thanks.
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
10th Aug 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine is X14XE.

New Poll