corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drivers headlight not working?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drivers headlight not working?
Solitary_Echo

User status: Offline
19th Aug 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, i don't know if anyone will be able to help me..but its worth a shot. I have a problem with my driver side headlight. Recently the bulb went, so i went to halfords and gt a replacement. Tested it. All present and correct. After a 4 hour drive down to Dorset i noticed on some country lanes that my right headlight was not working...dipped and full beam. I took the bulb out and the bulb had gone a milky colour completely. I repaced the bulb again and the new oen worked again, but quickly went cloudy on switching between dipped and full beam. But it worked for a while. last night the bulb went cloudy again and stopped working. I have no idea of the problem except maybe a dodgy earth? Has anybody got any idea? And any idea to how much it will cost to fix?

2nd problem the area on my dash displaying the date, and the left hand side of my driver instruments (rev counter, fuel gauge) go out sometimes, and require a bang on the dash to go back on. Anyone gt any ideas what the problem is there? And how much it would cost to fix.

Sorry for the long read, cheers to anyone who can help
Kif

19th Aug 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U are not touching the glass are u???
Solitary_Echo

19th Aug 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol...no... i knew about that mistake, i made that ages ago. I def did not touch the glass. Although the symptoms sound alot like it the glass was def not touched
Kif

19th Aug 05 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know then
AuroraSport

19th Aug 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may be a dodgy earth..try connecting a voltmeter to the wires behind your headlight to find out..similar thing happened to me a few months back
Solitary_Echo

19th Aug 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it cheap to fix?

New Poll