corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here
ryansss

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once upon a time I had a mini disc. It kept me happy, despite having to listen to the same album for a week at a time cause I couldnt be arsed to make a new disc, and all my other discs seemed to have vanished under the bed.

Then one day in December I thought f*ck buying christmas Presents for my family, im buying an Ipod. Whilst they opened socks, and charity shop goodies I sat back playing with my new toy.

Ipod 1: Plain white 20 gig job, faulty Battery. Returned to Virgin Megastore 3 weeks later, and was refunded.

Ipod 2: Working for WPP (big global media co) I discovered I could get a discount on apple products so bought a black U2 4th gen for 20% less (something like that). It was great, I could listen to my collection of punk, metal, rock, and of course Jamie cullen. Alas 8 months later its skipping, pausing itself, refusing to connect to my pc.

2 ipods have died on me in a very short space of time. Now I have to part with the little black baby whilst apple fix the bugger.

Anyone else had trouble?

Anyone send theirs off for reapair? If yes did it take long?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Sep 05 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 4th gen works like a charm, I bought it from the apple store online, try not to bash them about cause that can cause them to fuck up.

Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have nothing but praise for my trusty 3G 20GB. Have had it for 15months now, still get 9hours playback from battery, has been dropped onto concrete numerous times and still boots up perfectly everytime.

Long Live the iPod
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
my 4th gen works like a charm, I bought it from the apple store online, try not to bash them about cause that can cause them to fuck up.

Mine was done online, I just had a special code for the discount. Its lived its life in a case, and hasnt been dropped. I do use it every day for 3-8 hours.
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i have nothing but praise for my trusty 3G 20GB. Have had it for 15months now, still get 9hours playback from battery, has been dropped onto concrete numerous times and still boots up perfectly everytime.

Long Live the iPod

Lucky git. Batterys normaly die, but mate got one off ebay, and its working alot better than my newer one.
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how you treat them, DONT let the battery run right down, it screws the battery up.
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
depends how you treat them, DONT let the battery run right down, it screws the battery up.

Guilty of doing that. Use an Itrip in the car, that just eats battery life up.
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i get 5 hours top with the itrip
stubbsy05

2nd Sep 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in thinking the ipod mini is better for using on the move, i.e at the gym rather that the normal ipod?
vibrio
Banned

2nd Sep 05 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryansss

Once upon a time I had a mini disc. It kept me happy, despite having to listen to the same album for a week at a time cause I couldnt be arsed to make a new disc, and all my other discs seemed to have vanished under the bed.

Then one day in December I thought f*ck buying christmas Presents for my family, im buying an Ipod. Whilst they opened socks, and charity shop goodies I sat back playing with my new toy.

Ipod 1: Plain white 20 gig job, faulty Battery. Returned to Virgin Megastore 3 weeks later, and was refunded.

Ipod 2: Working for WPP (big global media co) I discovered I could get a discount on apple products so bought a black U2 4th gen for 20% less (something like that). It was great, I could listen to my collection of punk, metal, rock, and of course Jamie cullen. Alas 8 months later its skipping, pausing itself, refusing to connect to my pc.

2 ipods have died on me in a very short space of time. Now I have to part with the little black baby whilst apple fix the bugger.

Anyone else had trouble?

Anyone send theirs off for reapair? If yes did it take long?

maybe you bought an ipod because you wanted to be tready and buy into a section of sociaty that likes to pay over the odds for stuff just because it has a name
Half Pint

2nd Sep 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My creative has been sweet for the past 9 months, still get a good 10-12 hours playback from it and use it daily at work
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

maybe you bought an ipod because you wanted to be tready and buy into a section of sociaty that likes to pay over the odds for stuff just because it has a name

Maybe it was because it creatives looked cheap, and sony hadnt released their newer version jukebox at the time.

Anyway I was asking for people that had ipods with trouble to post. If you want to talk about you alba walkman, please eslewhere. Maybe on the punto forum
Half Pint

2nd Sep 05 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really are a cock, I hope you chock on your fucking iPod !

And if i see you at a meet i'm gonna split your ass and watch you bleed !
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

says Hewlett Packard
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
You really are a cock, I hope you chock on your fucking iPod !

And if i see you at a meet i'm gonna split your ass and watch you bleed !

That was for Vibro, not you. He posted his normal thing.

If you see me at a meet I bet you will be nice to me. For some reason people dont like starting trouble with a 6ft tattoo'd guy.

How do you chok on a ipod.
Half Pint

2nd Sep 05 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll show you it's gotta be possible, and i'm sure you'll enjoy the dry love......... ask the chief Monkeh!
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its a bit rough with the 10grit wet/dry. but ryansss, i am 6ft 1, and have a piercing on my bellend, therefore i am harder than you
willay
Premium Member

2nd Sep 05 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Vibrio you are on a roll today, this is your second idiotic comment of the day.

The ipod is a great mp3 player, the interface, the look, and the capacity. Only old fags like you make this type of comment, I suggest you STFU and go back to annoying Daimo.

[Edited on 02-09-2005 by willay]
Mad Moe

2nd Sep 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my Gen 3 coming up 2yrs now and although I had a few teething problems gettign it to sync when I first bought it I can safely say that it is easily the best bit of kit I've bough in years. Personally I think it's iTunes software that makes the product that little bit better than other jukeboxes i've looked at.

[Edited on 02-09-2005 by Mad Moe]
stubbsy05

2nd Sep 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Am I right in thinking the ipod mini is better for using on the move, i.e at the gym rather that the normal ipod?

Anyone?
willay
Premium Member

2nd Sep 05 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ipod mini uses a flash drive instead of a real hard disk I believe, it has smaller storage thus it is smaller in physical size.

I've used my full size ipod at the gym before, fits into my pocket/holder or on some of the gym equipment.

other major difference is price.
Mad Moe

2nd Sep 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get a neat little strap for you arm with the iPod mini as well
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take my fullsize ipod everywhere, out when im biking/jogging etc, never a hassle
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes its a bit rough with the 10grit wet/dry. but ryansss, i am 6ft 1, and have a piercing on my bellend, therefore i am harder than you

Well bugger me!

I've got a pierced tongue, does that even it up?
ryansss

2nd Sep 05 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

Vibrio you are on a roll today, this is your second idiotic comment of the day.

The ipod is a great mp3 player, the interface, the look, and the capacity. Only old fags like you make this type of comment, I suggest you STFU and go back to annoying Daimo.

[Edited on 02-09-2005 by willay]

Well said

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why did I buy an Ipod - post problems, and any opinions on apple after sales here 22 database queries in 0.0259590 seconds