corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help with private reg question........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with private reg question........
M2RTY

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 05 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.......ok, my car is up for sale on ebay

i need to take my reg off it

this requires me to send off the log book tho, so would you

a) send it off now, sell car, then swap names on log book once new log book comes back

or

b) send it off to get swapped into new keeper's name, then have them send it off and get it swapped over afterwards (and sign a contract to say that the plate legally belongs to ME and that legal procedures will be taken if they decide not to swap it or try and keep it afterwards)

any other ideas?
broster
Premium Member

3rd Sep 05 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort it out now to save problems with new owner
timrud_

3rd Sep 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it now, even with a contract signed, then new owner could counter that by saying the log book is in his name. 2 contracts have been made that contradict each other, potentially nullifying both, and chances are the plate would stay with the new owner.

Just do it now ROFL
Ally

3rd Sep 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
sort it out now to save problems with new owner

MarkM

3rd Sep 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it changed over before its sold...wait for the V5 to come back then sell it..

Saves complications
M2RTY

3rd Sep 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but its already on ebay for sale - totally forgot that this would happen - never thought about it doh!
Rebrabuk

3rd Sep 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it done now.

Just reminded me i was intending to goto the DVLA office to get info on putting my (mav's) plate on retention today - totally forgot.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help with private reg question........ 22 database queries in 0.0114372 seconds