corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa GSi , fan now working thanks for advice ...was just a fuse in the end.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi , fan now working thanks for advice ...was just a fuse in the end.
el_bichito

User status: Offline
15th Sep 05 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi how are you. Im in Australia i have a Holden Corsa GSi which had fan that was not workng after digging and looking in the manual book in the end i found three fuses in the engine bay and it endd up been one of these. didnt know what this fuse did ..i could not find it in the manual book.....but i changed this fuse as it was blown and then the cooling fan stated to work...so i did all this other work checking for nothing...ohh well at least it was something small....and not something major in the end. ...but who knows if i had taken it to a workshop maybe they would have said it neededsomething major wen all it was a was a 20cent fuse....lol who knows.

[Edited on 27-09-2005 by el_bichito]
BeArDy

15th Sep 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won the cricket, now thats out of my system

right take the thermostat out and put in in a Pan of cold water, then go onto the boil the water on a cooker. when the water has boiled you should be able to see if the thermostat is working or not.
Fan has a fuse in the fuse box check that, if thats ok then unplug the plug off the fan and run a + and - off you battary to plug (only 2 wires from the plug dosent matter which way round they go as your only checking if its working) and that will tell you weather the fan is ok.
el_bichito

15th Sep 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow thats great advice, thanks for that i will try that this weekend. Although i might try to see if the fuse is ok before i take the thermostat out as that will make a mess.

Yeah you did win the cricket you can have the ashes back for a while. We are sick of them anyways, we took it for granted here i think, that were the best cricket side in the world. they been with us for like the last sixteen years. Dont worry there will be a shake up here now. so enjoy the ashes. you might not be seeing them for another sixteen years again lol. Then again after shane warne retires we wont have much of team.
Cybermonkey

26th Sep 05 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, both Auz and UK are right hand drive.
what condition is the radiator in? are the veins free from dirt and crap? you could have a blockage somewhere along the line, could be within the radiator itself.
is there any other reason for you to believe its overheating other than what the temp gauge is telling you? could well be the Temperature Sender Unit, or as Beardy mentioned, a buggered thermostat. this could cause all sorts of havoc with the fan, so its confused about when its too hot.
el_bichito

27th Sep 05 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah problem fixed well iboth fans are working wen u turn air con on they didnt do this before...it was the fuse in the engine bay near the radiator..their are 3 fuses their...one was blown didnt know what it did didnt see it in the manual...and well i changed it and both fans turn on now if you put air con on..before nothing would happen

thanks for the advice. also im changing the coolant i can get the water from radiator to come out but how do i get the one inside the engine....i know you put like heat on or something...i was reading the manual and it says you have to like remove the thermostat...with housing to do this on the corsa....wel on the GSi anyways the twin cam...any help would be apreciated

[Edited on 27-09-2005 by el_bichito]
Cybermonkey

27th Sep 05 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah to flush the whole system properly, including engine block, removing the thermostat and a covering the thermo arpeture is needed. then its just a simple case of running frsh water through the system for a few mins, reconnecting the rad hoses and filling up with coolant+water

New Poll