corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my boot install idea

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my boot install idea
nessi

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 05 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i need a bit of help with my boot install. Ive got a big piece of dark grey chipboard to fit into the bottom of my boot floor. Then im planning to put my sub box onto it at the right side. Then to screw my 2 amps down onto it, and screw my power cap down in-between the amps. Then if there's any space i'd like to paint the alpine logo onto the dark grey chipboard using some uv paint that ive got spare. Then to screw a uv black light tube onto the underneath of my stealth shelf, so that when i open my boot lid the light comes on to make my logo glow up!

The only problem ive got at the moment, is where do i hide all the wires that ive got?

What do u all think to my idea?

Have you got any better ideas and pics?

Please help me soon, cos im gonna try and get it done this weekend sometime if it stays fine!

Cheers Ness

[Edited on 24-09-2005 by nessi]
RobHayes

24th Sep 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have the wooden floor raised slightly, and drill holes for the wires to pass through, so they all run under the wood out of sight.

you'd be better off using MDF rather than chipboard though, i would of thought its stronger
Wrighty

24th Sep 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good,liking the uv idea
nessi

26th Sep 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i was gonna use mdf, until my boyfriend got a new hi-fi cabinet so ive decided to make good use of his old one!

But after a lot of thought this weekend, im not sure now whether to carry out my idea cos at the moment my stealth shelf doesn't lift up when i open my boot lid and ive been told not to use those string things from my original parcel shelf cos they just snap straight away cos of all the weight!

So until i can find something thats strong enough to lift up my stealth shelf, there's not really any point in doing my idea cos nobody would see it!

Anyone got any ideas what i could use thats strong enough to lift up my stealth shelf when i open my boot lid??

Cheers Ness
Melville

26th Sep 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get rid of the speakers on your parcel shelf. Sorted
nessi

26th Sep 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i don't wanna do that. Ive only just bought them & they sound wicked!
Melville

26th Sep 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they sound wicked then go to corsa-crazy as Im sure some of the whistle blowing crew will beable to tell you what they use.

Failing that you could get some plain black bungee cords (or coloured if you prefer) as they come in different lengths. Stapple one end to the bottom of your shelf and the other will just fit over the hook that is already there.

New Poll