corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Career, stuck here at the mo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Career, stuck here at the mo
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
   30th Sep 05 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I've been a IT Support Analyst for 3 years since I was 17 and a half. Just been building up my technical experience really in the industry.

I have been in discussions about doing an ITIL course and PRINCE2 whichy will give me a bit of management qualification behing me too. After speaking to my manager he reckons it isn't goping to be till early next year till I get on the course due to wanting to do everyones PDPs first

Starting to get really unmotivated doing the same thing day in day out and its just not challenging enough. Thing is I want these qualifications before I move on and working in the public sector like I do, seems the best chance I'm going to get of the company paying for them

Anyone else in a simliar boat?!
stubbsy05

30th Sep 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help me please!
Dan Lewis

30th Sep 05 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me, but i have been only doing IT support for 6months and the days tend to drag on doing the same thing day in day out. I'm still on my apprenticeship for my qualifaction. but im still looking into different work.
stubbsy05

30th Sep 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got promised regular training when I started, yet have only been on 2 courses in 3 years.

SO busy in our dept!
Dan Lewis

30th Sep 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you really want to do extra training/qualifactions look for a part time college course and see if they would pay for it
CorsaControl

30th Sep 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me! I work at an accounts / programming office in IT. So I do a bit of everything on customer support and Im just loosing enthusiasm and just want to move on but the "all rounder" jobs re hard to come by as im skilled in all areas but not as experienced as people trained in single areas on Networks, accounts, programming etc... but i know bits of everything i have learnt everything myself as they wont usually pay for courses here
LukeGSi

30th Sep 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Become a policeman
stubbsy05

30th Sep 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind it Luke, but the only thing is the shit you get from everyone.
Love to have some part in stopping crime
LukeGSi

30th Sep 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come join me Alex, I'll get you a job...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Career, stuck here at the mo 22 database queries in 0.0140972 seconds