corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance emergency help needed!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance emergency help needed!!!
Zee Man

User status: Offline
16th Oct 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all, need help, would be most appreciated, have insurance in moms name with her as the main driver and me 2nd etc. The thing is i had an accident and ran into the back of a punto after the girl of that car decided to panic and slam her brakes, it was a wet day and you can imagine the rest. I was driving, i had the accident, but the claim was made from my mums policy, so now do i have to mention the accident on my name or my mums name when we go to renew insurance?

Matt H

16th Oct 05 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will ask if you have had any accidents or convictions within the last five years. You have to give them the truth or they could refuse a payout should you need to claim again in the future
Jay

16th Oct 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought if your insured as a named driver your only covered 3rd party?
Matt H

16th Oct 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You thought wrong then.

You may be thinking about if you drive someone elses car when you aren't a named driver on their insurance. As long as you have comprehensive insurance you're usually covered to drive other insured vehicles 3rd party.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 05 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayMSRi
I thought if your insured as a named driver your only covered 3rd party?
Not if you're named on a fully comp policy.

The claim can technically make it on to either drivers policy, you had one driving and you mum had one as policyholder. One accident doesn't make much difference anyway, so the best option is just to answer questions correctly and be honest.
Jay

16th Oct 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been worried about having an accident for ages, cos I thought I was only 3rd party, the actual policy is Fully comp with gaurenteed protected no claims! So I'm "safe" if I have an accident? So to speak lol
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 05 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check, then continue to drive carefully
John

17th Oct 05 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to tell the insurance company.
I have to put down I crashed on 3 seperate policys.
Was insured under my dad, so I need to put it down on my own policy now and it's also down on another 2 policys that don't involve me.
CorsAsh

17th Oct 05 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to declare for the next three years that you've had a crash, in addition to stating whether you made a claim. One way or another your premium will go up, it's just a matter of how much.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance emergency help needed!!! 22 database queries in 0.0290129 seconds