corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa Sport 1996 P reg 1.4 (gauging interest, sale if offers good enough)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1996 P reg 1.4 (gauging interest, sale if offers good enough)
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
5th Nov 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of upgrading, the corsa has done me well for the last 20 months.
Got to a point where I don't really want to do anything else to it, and being at uni I want something a little more simple......ok i want something cheap for a couple of years.

Spec:
Registered December 1996 P reg.
1.4 16v Ecotec Corsa Sport in black.
72,000 miles (will be soon i think).
MOT FEB 2006
TAX SEPTEMBER 2006

That's the basics. Stuff I've added (which isn't a great deal substantial)

Exterior:
Vauxhall Tigra Alloys, sprayed metallic black with good tyres on em (one tyre new a month ago when i got them). May want a touch up round the edge where the paint didn't quite reach but not noticeable unless you stand looking over certain parts of them. When clean (with car) they look the nuts!

Motex Stainless centre section of exhaust, cheap but decent quality.
Magnex Stainless steel oval back box (very nice, not so cheap)
Drilled air box a lil for some more rumble, and cut out all useless bits from inside.
Ecotec valve (+10% fuel economy i've found, can be turned off)
5600k H4 bulbs, cheap but good upgrade from crappy orange bulbs
Face lift V-grill bumper with mesh added, mesh rivoted in so it isn't going anywhere, its had a quick waft of black paint as it looked a lil out of place silver.
Astra MK4 side repeaters

Interior:
Sprayed some plastics with metallic black and pearlescant green highlighting, looks the nuts trust me.
Alumiunium rings round dials, dipped in chrome
Heater control knobs dipped in chrome (from Greece as well)
RaceX gaitor and surround on gearstick
Smoked interior light with maplights out a cav or something
Chrome door handles out veccy GSi
Irmscher door pins
Custom Corsa Sport aluminium tax disc holder (rich brook i beleive, but not sure)
BLUE LEDS EVERYWHERE LOL: Including:
Behind speedo, in leccy window switches, behind heater control panel, behind mfd panel, and in the interior light. (only thing using normal orange is light control and adjustor, which can be got off ebay for £20 i think)

I.C.E (not a lot here either lol)
Sony MP3 head unit
Sony 6x9 on parcel shelf
Sony 13.5cm components
Sony tweeters
(no standard speakers anymore)

Had a Cat 1 toad Ai606 alarm with key fobs installed august by mark4x4 so good job done on it, also added dual stage shock sensor to it.

Other stuff:
Cam belt done when i got it 58k on clock

Head gasket done 4000 miles ago including skimmed head, a cambelt pulley replace. The other gasket didn't go bad, my mechanic didn't think it was going but compression test showed it only had a "slight leak" cost about £350. No problems with it since!

September i had rear brakes done.... really done. Had to replace drums, cylinders, pads, shoes, control valve unjammed. Cost me a lot as well, they weren't in a good state unknown to me.

I've tried looking after this my best, regular oil changes, air filter changes etc. But other than gasket and brakes its not really had any problems, in pretty good nick overall. Obviously with its age it has a few little rust spots, in the usual corsa places, near boot open button, nothing too deap i don't think.
Also boot lock doesn't work with key (but does with central locking / remote on alarm so you wouldn't need to use it)
A few little scuffs here and there, the bad ones i've stuck some touch up paint over to prevent them getting worse. Car has been well polished/waxed with me so after a good clean it still looks very nice!
Interior is in good condition, i'm not fat so it isn't worn bad and i don't smoke.
Tried being honest, not going to class it as best corsa in world, top condition etc, but its a dam good car in my books, especially as insurance group 6!

LOOKING FOR OFFERS (no piss takes)
or if anyone can advise how much i should be looking for?
will_inman@hotmail.com or u2u if you can

JohnOvManchester

5th Nov 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a 1995 one sold for £900 a couple of threads down...

I am looking for one in that ball park...
let me know how much your looking for?
Will_Sport

6th Nov 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd rather keep it for that tbh

looking closer to £1500 as i see 1997 going above the £2k mark
Will_Sport

6th Nov 05 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

d'oh

-35mm on Pi springs, handles alright on the 195 tyres (directional type ones on the front).

the main mileage this picked up was when i worked 13 miles away from home (A1 all the way), so its had it pretty easy for the mileage i've put on, not exceeding 3000rpm until its up to temperature, which shows as there are no oil leaks that i've seen.
Will_Sport

6th Nov 05 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

anyone want to put what its worth feel free to do so.

maybe i should put it back to normal?
JohnOvManchester

6th Nov 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Will_Sport
i'd rather keep it for that tbh

looking closer to £1500 as i see 1997 going above the £2k mark

no probs mate...

a guide for price, as I said a 1995 sold for £900 and on page 2 today of the cars for sale bit here there is a R reg with a bit less milage than yours up for £1650.

Will_Sport

7th Nov 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okies, think £1500 is realistic with all the goodies on it, could sell for less if i took the tigger rims, magnex and head unit off it first.
Will_Sport

7th Nov 05 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will px for a 8v 2.0 calibra and some cash, with good arches and less than 100k miles (apparently these do exist lol)
JohnOvManchester

8th Nov 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much without those bits?
Natty_16V

8th Nov 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
could sell for less if i took the tigger rims, magnex and head unit off it first.

well how much would you want without the ICE, rims, exhuast and the L.E.D's ?
Will_Sport

11th Nov 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without the head unit and rims i'd take £1375

can't really take the LEDs out (they didn't cost much anyways), and the standard back box i got with it needs some new mounts as the others were chopped off as a temp job before fitting the magnex
Will_Sport

11th Nov 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to add....

without the tigger rims it would come with some similar shaped ones, 14" in silver.

been scuffed a bit, but not heavy (more like scratches all round, but nothing deep and they could sand and spray up easy peasy)

not taking any of the sony speakers out as i don't have anything to replace them with so there would just be holes everywhere lol
JohnOvManchester

11th Nov 05 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
without the head unit and rims i'd take £1375

can't really take the LEDs out (they didn't cost much anyways), and the standard back box i got with it needs some new mounts as the others were chopped off as a temp job before fitting the magnex

Ok mate, still more than I want to pay so i will give it a miss.
cheers,
john
Will_Sport

13th Nov 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm.

looking at a crx now... so maybe the tigra rims will stay lol.

ttt.
if anyone wants to get hold pls e-mail
will_inman@hotmail.com

can't get on cs when i'm at uni through the week.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa Sport 1996 P reg 1.4 (gauging interest, sale if offers good enough) 24 database queries in 0.0139351 seconds