corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Red and White paint?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red and White paint?
All Torque

User status: Offline
17th Nov 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Text Black When asking about what colour to paint my new car i always get 1 or 2 "not red as it fades easier/not white as it rusts easier" replies. I know those paints have those effects but why? is it how they're made or chemicals?
powey

17th Nov 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe its the way the red absords the sun? and as for the rust on white. Perhaps its just that it stands out more on white
ed

17th Nov 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour does not effect the resistance to rust. White stains when rust appears underneath it, making it visable, where as darker colours will mask the rust until the paint bubbles or the metal rots.

Flame Red is renound for fading. Though if the paint is applied properly and laqured then it will last forever. Especailly if it is well waxed. I think the reason for flame red for fading is actually the chemical make up of the paint, it seems to be un-resistant to weathering. THough if you are having a re-spray 9 times out of 10 it will be done in 2k paint which is far superior to the paint Vauxhall used.
myke

17th Nov 05 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon all paint fades but it shows up more on red because it's such a distinct shade to start with
All Torque

17th Nov 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! I'm a big fan of non-factory colours though. Might see a Yellow corsa soon

New Poll