corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » price of airflow meter & lamda sensor......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author price of airflow meter & lamda sensor......
jeff8png

User status: Offline
21st Nov 05 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above. for corsa ('98) 1.2 16v SXI. don't need price of fitting, just of parts.
cheers!
Brett
Premium Member

21st Nov 05 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lambda sensors can be picked up from Vaux for £90 I think. Universal ones are also available for £45 so I've read..
dna23

21st Nov 05 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM Vauxhall RETAIL £213.00 + VAT or eBay at £65-85

Lamda Sensor http://www.lambdasensors.com or http://oxygensensors.co.uk = 0258005007 Retail £90.28 Their Price £69.33

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by dna23]
Rob B

21st Nov 05 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill sell you a AFM off a 1.2 16v engine had done 37k, can have it for 55 inc postage
RKS

21st Nov 05 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get a universal lambda, they are shite!!! i had one on my car and it didnt do anything, i've now got the proper job and its running proper!
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Nov 05 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autovaux.co.uk and specify you want original parts -- will be much cheaper than a dealer.
boyracer2002

21st Nov 05 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--
dont get a universal lambda, they are shite!!! i had one on my car and it didnt do anything, i've now got the proper job and its running proper!
i have bought a universal one for mine, going to try and get an original one though, not done a mile with mine yet, that problem with my engine people have said its the lambda but no engine management light could be because its universal??
jeff8png

21st Nov 05 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason i ask is because i had a service done at richtoy and tey fitted these new parts for me. got bill and lambda was £107 and afm £213 (approx figures). they have never taken the piss with prices before but when i told a couple of lads who reckon they know about cars (i'm sure they know more than i do!) they pissed themselves. told me that i could've got each of them for around £15!
this has got to be a piss-take?! i can't have been mugged that bad, and by your replies it seems i haven't.
RKS

21st Nov 05 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boyracer2002
quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--
i have bought a universal one for mine, going to try and get an original one though, not done a mile with mine yet, that problem with my engine people have said its the lambda but no engine management light could be because its universal??

The universal lambda that I fitted to mine kept fluctuating between voltages, it was constantly changing, but the voltages were within normal operating voltages so it wasnt picked up by the ECU

Its almost as if it was saying, lean the mixture, no richen it, no lean it, and it resulted in a WAY too rich mixture,
dna23

21st Nov 05 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they charged you vauxhall retail prices, tbh they're only charging what most other places wud... ure mates who said £15 don't know what they're on about tho - as shown here u can see they do retail for those prices but u can get them cheaper correct
RKS

21st Nov 05 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jeff8png
the reason i ask is because i had a service done at richtoy and tey fitted these new parts for me. got bill and lambda was £107 and afm £213 (approx figures). they have never taken the piss with prices before but when i told a couple of lads who reckon they know about cars (i'm sure they know more than i do!) they pissed themselves. told me that i could've got each of them for around £15!
this has got to be a piss-take?! i can't have been mugged that bad, and by your replies it seems i haven't.

They dont overly know that much about cars if they say that both parts are £15 universal lambdas are around £40 and they are probably confusing the air flow meter with the intake air temp sensor to get £15 they are talking scrap yard prices
DarrenGSi

21st Nov 05 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i priced a new lambda sensor for my C16XE on friday at my Vaux garage - £18+VAT
Rob B

21st Nov 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the fudge is it only £18
DarrenGSi

21st Nov 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£18.95+VAT

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » price of airflow meter & lamda sensor...... 22 database queries in 0.0120809 seconds