corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quote me happy! (oh i love elephant)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quote me happy! (oh i love elephant)
Lynny

User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right had my £830 quote off diamond on the net, rang up to confirm it, said that was a provisional quote and they actually wanted £1300 off me for 10 month of cover! (18 on a new astra sxi 1.6 16v, 1 ncb), so said id ring them back after trying few other places.
give elephant a ring (as im with them now and still have one month left of my policy so was goina see how much it would be to change policy from the corsa for the last month), said theyll change the 1.0 corsa to the astra without any extra cost for the last month, then renew me for the next year, fully comp for £900 all sorted now, well happy
Ojc

24th Nov 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get that in writing Lynneth
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shes posting out the documents straight away in the mornin
Ojc

24th Nov 05 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats fully ace then Ken.
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye ken! mate rang me beofre sayin shes been quoted £1400 tpft on her 1.2 p reg punto
mav

24th Nov 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a bad deal then
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im currently payin £680 tpft on a V reg 1.0 corsa, so moving to £900 for a 54 astra sxi 1.6 16v isnt bad like
dannycorsa c

24th Nov 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fannytastic.
SetH

24th Nov 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its cos when your young u suck at driving and you crash and shit.
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get how this works?! Loads ppl on here seem to get great deals with Elelphant! They want over £1800 Fully Comp for a '94 1.2 Corsa Swing that I drive! I live in the lowest Crime Rated Postcode Band (GU) and last year I was on Mums Insurance TPFT for £1110 with Direct Line - I thought that was steep! Insurance is due in January and Iv already got loadsa quotes for me exceeding £1500!!! AA wanted £2500! I couldnt believe it! But good on u lynny_sxi ... lucky biatch!
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe how much quotes can vary like, mine have gone from £900 to £5400! even on the 1.0 corsa when i got it i got quotes as high as £2,000 tpft
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I hate insurance companies! I may use RAC as they do bonus accelarator - 9 months cover with them = 1 yrs NCB, do 5 years of that and you get 5 yrs NCB 15 mnths early! not sure how much they want from me tho. Why do insurance companies charge so much and then complain why there are sooo many young uninsured drivers on the road?! Id hav thought its obvious really! Im not saying Id do that but I can kinda c y it happens!
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye my last policy was 10 month = 1ncb, but you could only do it once, then had to have 12month to get a ncb.
it is very expensive driving like, buying the car, learning to drive, insurance, tax, mot, petrol etc, but cant relaly use that for an argument peopel driving without insurance, the bus is much cheaper!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant get them to make any sense either

my car costs me about £870 FC
omega 3.0 V6 £520 FC
Nissan 200SX Turbo £1360 FC

WTF???
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
i cant get them to make any sense either

my car costs me about £870 FC
omega 3.0 V6 £520 FC
Nissan 200SX Turbo £1360 FC

WTF???

Yeh Deffo, y r insurance companies such retards?!
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a mystery to us all! anyone on here work in car insurance? know it goes on risk etc but the example of me and my best mate, why is mine soooo much cheaper when both the same age, mines a newer more powerful car and shes been driving couple month longer than me
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ther dnt seem to be ne logic 2 it! and ur driving a pretty powerful car for "our" kinda age! I dnt get it at all. I also dnt get y Elephant seems to work out soooooo cheap for sum ppl and a rip off for ppl like me! I know women get lower insurance from the start as they r apparently lower risk but it still dnt make sense!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

newer cars cost less to repair, and thus less to insure

take the corsa for example

1.4 sport is ins grp 6
1.6 sport is ins grp 10

and the 1.8 SRi corsa Cs are ins grp 9

its all down to the car really

and size of it makes a difference, 1.6 astra will be less to insure than a 1.6 corsa, but a 1.6 veccy will be less still

still stupid though

i hate being persecuted for being young... its not my fault
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like it or not, theres a huge proportion of 'new drivers' aged 11-21 who drive like total tossers, think that because they have a licence it means they can drive and that theyre invincible and therefore risk other peoples lives. insurance companies obviously cant come out and see how everyone drives individually so has to tar everyone with the same brush
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no exactly, looks like I should get a much newer corsa next time then! or maybe sumthin bigger! Insurance almost crippled me in my 1st year last year as I wasnt expecting it to be that much!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi
like it or not, theres a huge proportion of 'new drivers' aged 11-21 who drive like total tossers, think that because they have a licence it means they can drive and that theyre invincible and therefore risk other peoples lives. insurance companies obviously cant come out and see how everyone drives individually so has to tar everyone with the same brush

why?
everyone should be induvidually examined so they get a fair premium

i mean, yeah, i drive a modified car, and yes i like to drive it hard, but i dont see why i have to put up with paying extra just cos little johnny davis down the road crashed into a field

i didnt, havent and dont intend to any time soon, i look after my car more than some posh fucker whos been bought a brand new car for his 17th would, and i can drive better than him too

even with my pass plus thingy, my premium is a joke
M333KS D

24th Nov 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well happy with mine, it was £1200 on me corsa c (1.8 sri)
and on me beemer (330ci fully loaded bla bla) its 1300 and thats at 20 with 3 years ncb, mint
Rich H

24th Nov 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M333KS D
well happy with mine, it was £1200 on me corsa c (1.8 sri)
and on me beemer (330ci fully loaded bla bla) its 1300 and thats at 20 with 3 years ncb, mint

Yeh can c y ur chuffed with that!
Lynny

24th Nov 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi

why?
everyone should be induvidually examined so they get a fair premium

i mean, yeah, i drive a modified car, and yes i like to drive it hard, but i dont see why i have to put up with paying extra just cos little johnny davis down the road crashed into a field

i didnt, havent and dont intend to any time soon, i look after my car more than some posh fucker whos been bought a brand new car for his 17th would, and i can drive better than him too

even with my pass plus thingy, my premium is a joke

i agree with you, people should be assessed individually but realistically it cant happen, look how many people are on the roads today. i feel the same like, i dont get a penny of my parents and to be buyin a £10k car at 18 with money im workin damn hard for believe me i am going to take care of it!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna rebel against my insurer and write them a snotty letter of complaint

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quote me happy! (oh i love elephant) 22 database queries in 0.0231318 seconds