corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » petrol in oil, Help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author petrol in oil, Help.
criscross

User status: Offline
1st Dec 05 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hy, i'm haveing problems with my corsa B x14xe, after changeing the oil i'm surprized by the fact that the oil level rizez by day, prezumably with petrol. Could this thing be linked with the fact that it doesn't start "at first key" it must be turned a cuple of times? does anybody have any ideea?10x
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Dec 05 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol? Sure it isn't water?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
criscross

1st Dec 05 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure of it, it's not the gasket, te oil even smells like petrol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Dec 05 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very unlikely to be petrol. more likely to be water. hows the car running?
Dave A

1st Dec 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember, used oil can smell like petrol due to exhaust gasses 'blowing' past the piston rings ito the crank case and sump.
criscross

2nd Dec 05 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, i'm sure that isn't water, because it's a rather "old problem" about 2 oil canges now, and the oil that came aut hadn't any water in it. So when i change my oil i fill it up about tree quarters and now it's over max, with just about 1000 km from oil change
criscross

2nd Dec 05 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car is runing smoothely at 800-900 rpm, and in rest doens't seem to have any problems, but smetimes it seems to have a slight lack of power between 4000-6000 in the 2nd gear-3rd gear, but not always, it has it's days. The engine has about 70.000 km, i've just changed the lambda sensor, spark plugs(NGK iridium) remapped the ECU as i thougt the problem wold go away and the problem remains.The old spark plugs that came out were kinda' black as in more gas than was needed got into the pistons, i can't seem to get rid of this problem....
Jake

2nd Dec 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the coolant temp sensor has something to do with over fueling?
criscross

2nd Dec 05 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u refer to the rediator sensor?
Ditch

2nd Dec 05 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for that much fuel to be getting in the oil something would have to be seriously wrong!!

and the car would run like crap!!
Dave A

2nd Dec 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just think about it tho, how would fuel get into your oil?

the only way is if it by-passes the piston rings. for it to do this your engine would have such low compression that it wouldnt run in the first place.
AuroraSport

2nd Dec 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808

the only way is if it by-passes the piston rings. for it to do this your engine would have such low compression that it wouldnt run in the first place.

agreed, and yes i think a coolant temp sensor would be a good place to start for overfueling infact i would bet my left gonad
Dave A

2nd Dec 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not an overfuelling problem. are you checking the car on level ground when its cold?
AuroraSport

2nd Dec 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i was referring to his black sparkies
ainsley_brader

2nd Dec 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_munky
quote:
Originally posted by corsa808

agreed, and yes i think a coolant temp sensor would be a good place to start for overfueling infact i would bet my left gonad

An overfuelling car will wash the bores over time basically breaking down the seal. This will allow petrol to bypass the rings into the oil.

We used to get this quite a bit on the old boss's car. The only use it used to get winter time was start up drive out the workshop switch off, then start up drive in and switch off. With it being chipped it used to overfuel at idle and the oil level would climb towards the end of winter on a daily basis!

Ains
Dave A

2nd Dec 05 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i agree that excess fuel can cause bore-wash.

although the unburned fuel is mostly pushed back out through the exhaust on the next compression stroke.

it would have to be running MEGA rich and have totally knackered piston rings fro it to affect the oil level this much.
criscross

4th Dec 05 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no...i'm sure of the oil rise, that could be of the fact that i'm useing the car maybe once or twice a week and the i rev it up pretty hard....this problem is very annoing, because i change the oil every 2000-3000 km, an other problem of my car that coul be linked with this is that 1 out of 2 startings i have to crank it up 2 or 3 times before it starts...but sometimes it just starts wonderfully...and it has it's days sometimes it does 0-100km in 11 secs sometimes in 13 secs on the same road and in the same conditions only in different days...i don't know what to think about this......
criscross

4th Dec 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and an other thing....two days ago i went to undergo the Technic verification (standard thing every two years here in romania...something like a MOT test) and it went up into the emissinons (gas) analyzer......it failed it because it had to much (about 50% more) CO2 emissions than normal....could this be because of the ECU remap and the removal of the Kat?
Slammed_Corsa

4th Dec 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The removal of the cat will send emissions sky high.
criscross

4th Dec 05 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...thats that but what about the starting of the engine.....could the fuel pump be responsable for both overfueling (as i thought the injectors can't give a normal spray because of the low pressure and could fuel literraly drip:boggle and difficult engine start...

New Poll