corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brakes for my 1.4 flair

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brakes for my 1.4 flair
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
15th Jan 06 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Corsa B 1400 SPi Flair with totally fooked front brakes lol... backs have all been renewed but the fronts have warped discs and worn pads... the discs are that bad that as you drive along you hear a "tss...tss...tss...tss" as the wheels rotate.

SO new front brakes.

1) Do I get new discs and pads, standard size? what is the standard size exactly and any recommendations of brands to go for but not too expensive?
2) Do I upgrade to Corsa GSi brakes? A mate of mine is selling some cheap if I want 'em and they're in really good nick, nearly new decent make discs etc. Also how much bigger than std are these?
3) Get ATE 256mm's off an Astra GTE or another model which uses them?

Thank ya!
CorsAsh

15th Jan 06 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3) Get ATE 256mm's off an Astra GTE or another model which uses them?

and braided hoses.
Cybermonkey

15th Jan 06 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

option 3

Corsa GSi calipers are shite

[Edited on 15-01-2006 by Cybermonkey]
Stokie Dave

15th Jan 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much should i be paying for discs, calipers and pads from such a car with ATE kit on it?

also any other bits i'll need, fixings etc?
YT

15th Jan 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

option 3, I have a corsa flair as well brought a set of 2.0 16v GTE front brakes last night, disks calipers and pads and i payed £30 i dont know if thats cheap or expencive though

[Edited on 15-01-2006 by YT]
broster
Premium Member

15th Jan 06 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gte stuff, pay £30 for calipers alone, no more. then get new pads and discs, standard stuff will be fine. get a friend who can get trde club discount on stuff to get the discs and pads. works out rather cheap
Stokie Dave

15th Jan 06 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mark how much would i typically be looking at for boggo pads and discs do ya think?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jan 06 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hummm no idea not got standard ones for ages... lol, ebay is a good place to look.

New Poll