corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car on ebay

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling car on ebay
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jan 06 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right im selling me motor on ebay,

The question is, I have bidders and it looks like my reserve is going to be met, looks like a genuine ebay user, ie not a nigerian. Do people usually stump up the cash when buying a car from ebay? has anyone else successfully sold there car on ebay? anyone ever received the cash from there car sale b4 the person has viewed?

my ad is here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4607724864&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

if anyone wants to see the bidders
mav

28th Jan 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was on ebay but a guy contacted me and asked me how much to end auction early, i told him and he bought it....

My old vectra (now rebrabuk's) never sold on ebay...
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the highest bidder meets reserve etc, what usually happens? are they expected to pay the full amount right awy, or is it usually expected they see the car first?

not sure how car sales work on ebay tbh
MR2Mike

28th Jan 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they usually bid then pay cash on collection mate. personally as they are bidding to buy i dont see any reason why you couldnt ask for the money upfront via pay pal.

ive opted for asking for £100 upfront via paypal, then full payment in cash on collection.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes iv said i want a £50 deposit paid upfront just incase they are just test pilots or whatever so it covers my fees etc
NovaGTE

28th Jan 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the same as Mav with the corsa, contacted outside ebay by the number in the add. Did sell a golf on there and the bloke came down and didnt buy it in the end aswell which was annoying
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he say why?
mav

28th Jan 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure in the ad you have NON refundable deposit so if they did come down to pay rest and said they didn't want it you keep the deposit..

NovaGTE

28th Jan 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt what he was looking for in the end; the add was very detailed about faults etc. I just reported it as a non paying bidder and got a refund; car went in AT the following week and had silly amounts of interest at a higher price

I have found AT a lot better for selling cars and gather genuine interest; just sold a BMW on there within a few days of it going on and have a VTS on there atm
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

autotrader hasnt generated any interest really apart from unwanted car data phone calls

ebay is my best hope atm
Robbo

28th Jan 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are supposed to say in your ad that they are bidding to buy not to view althoigh viewings are welcomed etc.
mav

28th Jan 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been up for that long has it?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about a week, i like to do my car deals quick sharp lol
mav

28th Jan 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it time
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone answer me another question

ok say my reserve is set at 3900, and the bid is currently on 3600 reserve not met, could the highest bidder still have set a bid higher than the reserve? or would it go automatically above the reserve if this was the case?

also does it tell the bidder if they have set a high bid above the reserve?
NovaGTE

28th Jan 06 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no auto goes to the reserve
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so say the current highest bid is 3200 and the reserve is 3900 someone comes along and sets there max bid to 4000, you mean it will jump automatically to 4000?
NovaGTE

28th Jan 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no will go to 3900
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 06 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see so noone has met the reserve yet then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car on ebay 22 database queries in 0.0217431 seconds