corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tyres!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tyres!
Rus

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna buy me some 16" softstars new because i can't find anywhere second hand, so i was out looking for some tyres and the

"Summer tyres EAGLE F1 GS-D3
195/45 R16 84V XL BSW With mytyres.co.uk only £ 65.50"

i thought were pretty good concidering these usally are £95 per corner. what do you think?

otherwize the

"Michelin
Summer tyres Pilot EXALTO PE2
195/45 R16 80V Rim-protectionleiste With mytyres.co.uk only £ 64.30"

whole bunch here > http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html
TNM

2nd Feb 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

summer tyres tho
drax

2nd Feb 06 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8026265152&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

These guys are very helpful and sorted me out
Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Feb 06 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woah dont buy from this lot my mate did and waited 4 months for delivery. he chased up for ages and they kept sayin the courier had lost em then they just randomly appeared 4 months later.
antscorsa

2nd Feb 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

russ, i got falkens and there like rubber bands, also have a real cool rim protector part so u dont kurb alloys. check them out when u at rave.
drax

2nd Feb 06 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, had no problems with them, chatted to them on the phone and got them the day they said they would be there, very helpful people.

the tyres seem to be very good for the money too
Twiggy

2nd Feb 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought 2 Falkens off ebay...called em up to pay, they sent the tyres and never took a penny out my account!!
mazdaspeed

2nd Feb 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Falkens wear out quickly, I've got Kuhmo now, better tread pattern and last much longer and only £2 extra each.
AndyW

2nd Feb 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had toyo proxy1s and find them very good all round really mate, www.elte-direct.co.uk are good too its where i always go
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Feb 06 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toyo's get mullered be any kind of road, they wont last long at all, but the grip well in the dry

all this summer/winter tyre crap is nonsense, you only nered winter tyres if you live somewhere where it snows a lot

Go for the Michelin, they will last longer, grip better and are cheaper than the Eagles, which is odd, they normally cost more....

the Eagles seem a bit overpriced on their site

failing that, try the Conti Sport Contact 2, they are a very good tyre, and will probably be cheaper than the Mich and the Goodyear
Rus

2nd Feb 06 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, i'll check them out
Joe

2nd Feb 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the Michelin Pilots and to be honest in the dry they are no better than the Toyos, in the wet they are a bit better though. They are worth the £20 extra that i paid over Toyos IMO. Gona try the Goodyears next, i've not really heard much bad said about them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tyres! 22 database queries in 0.0106139 seconds