corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 sri manifold on 1.2i

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 sri manifold on 1.2i
jamesvalver

User status: Offline
16th Feb 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people, i have a question about fitting a 1.4i 8v corsa sri maifold onto my girlfriends 1.2i 8v corsa merit. i know that the manifold will fit but will i experiance any problems with the manifold being of bigger bore? has anybodu done this? i know that its gona make sod all difference in performance but i would like to get a de-cat made and this is the best option sofar as the front pipe needs replacing

cheers

james
jamesvalver

17th Feb 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Stu_22

18th Feb 06 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its MPI though so would the ECU would have to be replaced as would the fuel pump. A lot of hassle for not a lot of gain
Cybermonkey

18th Feb 06 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust manifold? i cant see any gains to be had really. the engine is piss weak and isnt going to benefit or make any use of the manifold.
Rob H

18th Feb 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i remeber of the TV feature they did on the engine, you can do it, but there's hardly any gain, and you might even loose a bit of low down torque for a tiny gain in top end.
alistairolsen

18th Feb 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the exhaust manifold are common, and the twin downpipe arrangement is a good gain to be had.

The inlet manifold wont work. they share a stud pattern, ubt the mpi has round ports and the spi has square ones. You can port them to match as they dont line up at all.

New Poll