corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do i wire up my celtral locking to close the windows in my motor i have a sri corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do i wire up my celtral locking to close the windows in my motor i have a sri corsa
smart_corsa324

User status: Offline
10th Mar 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard tht i can use the central locking live wire to close my windows on me corsa wht wire will be be in the corsa door loom for the windows thanxs
flash22

10th Mar 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it can be done with a relay. but you need a 10-30 second pulse from your alarm or remote central locking unit (also refered to as comfort locking) also you will need to run 1 extra wire into the door.if you need some more info post.

[Edited on 10-03-2006 by flash22]

smart_corsa324

10th Mar 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y should i need a relay matey cant u just wire it up to the live switch and the live central locking switch wire so it powers it from the remote
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Mar 06 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a relay to allow it to use a larger current from the separate wire Flash is talking about, as if you just wire up the central locking live to the electric window motors, you will blow the central locking fuse due to it drawing too much current.
smart_corsa324

10th Mar 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know where i can get one bro
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Mar 06 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask in here, you got more chance:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=3
flash22

10th Mar 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err no the windows are high current but the switching side is low current the motor has a perm live to them but the switch side of things is on an ignition switched live. there is a perm live on the central locking what you can use to power the windows when the igniton is off the prob lies with the time period you need to pulse the up from the switch whats around 28 sec's for them to close (from fully open) this where the relay comes in you use the 10-28 sec pulse from the alarm or rcl (9/10 times alarms a neg pulse) to open the relay (coil side)this the puts the 12v perm live (contactor side of the relay) to the up on the windows (the windows go up) after the 10-28 sec are over the alarm drops it pulse what in turn disconects the live from the up on the windows easy really

smart_corsa324

10th Mar 06 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanxs peeps

New Poll