corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » The only thing interesting in my back garden

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The only thing interesting in my back garden
Vroompish

User status: Offline
15th Mar 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was off ill yesterday and was bored so I went into my back garden for some air and took my camera and the only thing interesting thing I could find was there flowers -

I know its not all in focus but I think that adds to the picture, couldn't get the shutter speed to hand hold it wide open and get the iso I wanted.
Vroompish

16th Mar 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No comments?
vibrio
Banned

16th Mar 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

composition is poor, it is out of focus and is a quite cold. not really a good effot to be fair lol
Vroompish

16th Mar 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
composition is poor, it is out of focus and is a quite cold. not really a good effot to be fair lol

Well to be fair to me it was hand held at 300mm, the centre is not out of focus though is it?, I don't think it's cold but fair do's.
Simon

16th Mar 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only part that seems to be in focus is just right of the centre of the flower i think
Vroompish

16th Mar 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
the only part that seems to be in focus is just right of the centre of the flower i think

Why do you reckon that is? As I said before it was a bit dark so I couldn't get a decent shutter speed apart from to drop the aperture. So do you reckon it was the aperture or camera shake?
vibrio
Banned

16th Mar 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the petals on the left are OOF due to aperture.
Nismo

16th Mar 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so? i think its a good effort , well done.

Not all of us want to be expert photographers and can afford the best equiptment.
vibrio
Banned

16th Mar 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
so? i think its a good effort , well done.

Not all of us want to be expert photographers and can afford the best equiptment.

nath I was answering his question you twit
Nismo

16th Mar 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i understand that but not all of us can take super doooper experto fan dandled thunder bolts of lightning very very frightning pictures

and plus i was commenting on your previous comment
vibrio
Banned

16th Mar 06 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
yeah i understand that but not all of us can take super doooper experto fan dandled thunder bolts of lightning very very frightning pictures

and plus i was commenting on your previous comment

he asked for comments I gave mine. they were basic things to get right which he got wrong.
Vroompish

16th Mar 06 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Nismo, Vibs I know it wasn't the best photo (I still like it though). It was one of my first with a macro setting and it would have been better at f8 or so I guess. But I took it not wanting to change iso.

What settings would you have used out of interest on a Darkish day, 300mm macro?
vibrio
Banned

17th Mar 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tripod and not use such long focal length either. you get more DOF with a wider angle

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » The only thing interesting in my back garden 23 database queries in 0.0110440 seconds