corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » opinions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions
Shaun2005

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you doin guys? my car is away to get a Bodykit fitted (velocity wide arch kit), im getting the whole car resprayed but im not to sure what to do. I was thinkin on 2-Tone but using black on the bottom and pink on the top (something different) but it just seems to plain if that makes sense. just wondering if anyone has any good ideas or cool design they've thought of to help me out.
Cheers guys
shaun

[Edited on 23-03-2006 by Shaun2005]
Shaun2005

23rd Mar 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
Shaun2005

23rd Mar 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, i don't like two tones or flip paints, they look to false. I really love a subtle pearlescent paint, like 1 colour with a pearl of 1 other colour. If you put a blue pearl over an orange basecoat, it makes a lovery pearl effect, sort pink most of the time, and at different angles its goes from different shades of pink to violet. hard to describe, but subtle pearl paints are always good. Even a violet pearl over an off white basecoat or even a pearl white base is stunning. It has the excat same effect as looking at a real pearl (like in the litteral sense, like on necklaces and so on.)
One other great effect, is orange basecoat with a gold pearl, its amazing, infact some one here has their corsa sprayed in this effect.
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the member with the orange/gold painted corsa. I'm not sure if he had bought paint like this or mixed it. But i can tell you for sure that i have painted identical colour to do, in fact it may of even had more of a pearl effect and looked deeper. All i done was sprayed a bright orange basecoat, put 2 or 3 coats of 2k lacquer mixed with gold pearl powder and then 2 coats of clear lacquer.
take a look at this car
brad's car

Fair play to you brad, it is a lovely corsa, stands out above the rest
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny27
Even a violet pearl over an off white basecoat or even a pearl white base is stunning. It has the excat same effect as looking at a real pearl (like in the litteral sense, like on necklaces and so on.)

What i meant is either put a violet pearl over a off white basecoat, or for a even better effect is to have an offwhite basecoat, then a white pearl lacquer then a violet pearl lacquer
Shaun2005

24th Mar 06 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the alpha romeo limited edition nouveau pearl blue!!! its a ablsolute beaut of a colour, looks ice metallic blue in some lights and has a hint of gold when it hits the light!
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flip paint is on the way out. its pure chav
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ever1 and their dog has it. Plus its so common cos its all premixed colours, there's nothing custom about it. Best of paint your corsa with pearls as you can create a whole new colour orignal look of your own

New Poll