corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » painting cam cover....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author painting cam cover....
c4rsa-sport

User status: Offline
27th Mar 06 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a spare cam cover/rocker cover and i want it painted, if i take it to any place does it take any heat paint or anything??
myke

27th Mar 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to a sand blasters and have it powder coated.

or any bodyshop will spray it with body paint. doesn't need to be high temp or anything
johnny27

27th Mar 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to paint the nova cam covers. I never used any of those VHT spary cans as the finish was extrememly dull. What i done was to look for the Heat resistant paints in the tin, they are used for brushing on, and could get nearly every basic colour, plus they don't need primer. Then give the old rocker abit of a key with wet and dry, de grease it. Then i would put some of the paint in the spray gun and mixed it with 2k thinners, and sprayed it on. The 2k thinners are better than than std cellouse thinners, as the cellouse seemed to dull the paint alot, when the paint is dry it was lovely, very shiney, as good as finish as a 2k straight colour. Looks really well, and as long as the drying time in between coats was long enough the paint would never peel or burn when the engine was hot.

New Poll