corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3
punkymt1

User status: Offline
28th Mar 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, just has an accident (corsa vs suzuki alto latest model) . As you can see in the pic I was driving along the one lane main road (blue arrow) approaching a cross road with two side streets on both left and right. The woman driving the suzuki was following the red path .. did not check if any cars were coming and kept turning into the main road .. bamm I hit her in the mudguard, sent her on the central stip seperating the two main roads. Her car climbed the central strip and hit a pole. She said I'm an asshole bla bla bla because I didn't stop and let her pass .

Thing which I consider she did wrong:

1) She first crossed the two lane main road to the cental strip part.
2) She didn't stop in the middle to check if any cars are coming.
3) If she did stop .. she would surely be hit by another car on the rear coming from the two lane road because the central stip is only 20 inch wide.

I tried hard to stop the car but the road was wet (in the crossroad only) and it kept going straight. Front wheels locked so couldn't steer... but anyways there was nowhere to steer because I would have climbed a pavement and would have a chance of hitting someone and also cause severe damage to the front.

Nobody was hurt .. but she insists that it is my fault.
Damage I have: few scratches on the bumper, mudguard pushed up and towards the door.. can't open the driver door, dent on bonnet (because of mudguard), one front lamp pushed inside but not broken.
Damage she has .. a mudguard totally broken along with wheel (standard wheels), front smashed because of pole but engine intact from what I could see. No oils or water in the road.

Do you consider it as my fault?

[Edited on 05-04-2006 by punkymt1]

[Edited on 23-05-2006 by punkymt1]

[Edited on 28-08-2006 by punkymt1]
Ally

28th Mar 06 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were there any give way markings/right of way markings on the road?
Cosmo

28th Mar 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that an actual cross-road, or is it a main road with two side-streets turning onto it?

As if you were just driving down the main road (not lights, stop sign, markings to indicate to stop) then she is in the wrong for pulling out infront of you. You dont need to stop to let her out.
All Torque

28th Mar 06 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres the 'give way' points on your diagram? if you had to give way at all then it might be ur fault.
but if she had to give way after crossing the two lanes before coming into you lane and you dont need to give way then its her fault.

abdus

28th Mar 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah road markings and sign very important in that case...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Mar 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the pic and description its her fault. she drove accross your path and didnt give way to the flow of the traffic.

did you call the police?
vibrio
Banned

28th Mar 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you were driving along a road and someone pulls out in front of you not giving you time to stop assuming you were travelling at the speed limit then its not going to be your fault. the problem comes down to timing, did he pull out giving you enough time to slow down? do you have witnesses? did you take pictures?
All Torque

28th Mar 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

punkymt1

are the laws different to ours here?
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no give away and stop signs anywhere. Actually it is a main road with 2 side streets but there is an opening (as you can see in the pic). The opening is the type of those where you can close it with bars connected with chains.
Cosmo

28th Mar 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by punkymt1
Actually it is a main road with 2 side streets but there is an opening

well in that case its her fault. She pulled into your road when you were travelling along it. Aslong as you werent speeding she has no ground to say its your fault. Did you get pics? Witnesses? Police?
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speed limit signs nowhere and no cameras. Speed limit in main roads and bypasses is 60-80 km/h .. I was travelling with 50 km/h.
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This road is outside towns and villages. Warden came and took pictures but do not have them. By the way .. I rang my horn full blast but still still she continued moving.
Mark Petty

28th Mar 06 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This road is outside towns and villages. Warden came and took pictures but do not have them. By the way .. I rang my horn full blast but still still she continued moving.

don't tell them that because they will say if u had time to sound your horn u had time to stop
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Petty
quote:

don't tell them that because they will say if u had time to sound your horn u had time to stop

as I was braking .. I was ringing the horn... and I am not saying that I had a 5 sec horn sound.

[Edited on 28-03-2006 by punkymt1]
Jason Iles

28th Mar 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO it's your fault, could you not see the car coming?? If you could you should have slowed to a safe speed incase they pulled out.
Cosmo

28th Mar 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Iles
IMO it's your fault, could you not see the car coming?? If you could you should have slowed to a safe speed incase they pulled out.

still doesnt take away the fact that she pulled from a side street infront of him. If someone pulled out of a side street infront of you would you say it was your fault or theirs?
ackers2302

28th Mar 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

vibrio
if you were driving along a road and someone pulls out in front of you not giving you time to stop assuming you were travelling at the speed limit then its not going to be your fault. the problem comes down to timing, did he pull out giving you enough time to slow down? do you have witnesses? did you take pictures?

id agree with this, if she dd leave you enough time to stop but you were speeding then your in the wrong. i would claim liability.

just stick to ya story that she pulled out infront of you.
damn women drivers
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I said the central stip is 20 inch wide!! Is you car 20 inch long? She panicked because of cars that may hit her on the two lane and so she continued moving into the one lane road.
Jason Iles

28th Mar 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

still doesnt take away the fact that she pulled from a side street infront of him. If someone pulled out of a side street infront of you would you say it was your fault or theirs?

If I could see them then it was mine wasn't it?? People need to wake up on the roads if you see a car doing something potential dangerous (even though they are being twats) you just take caution surely.

You don't just head at them at the same speed and hope they'll stop.
All Torque

28th Mar 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell her its ur fault and offer a cheque, kick her in the ovaries, run away with the cheque, job done

[Edited on 28-03-2006 by All Torque]
Cosmo

28th Mar 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If I could see them then it was mine wasn't it?? People need to wake up on the roads if you see a car doing something potential dangerous (even though they are being twats) you just take caution surely.

it makes no difference. Even if you saw them (which you should) and slow down if she continues to pull out infront of you and you hit her its her fault. Granted if you were more aware you might of been able to stop, but it was still her mistake for pulling out when she shouldnt of.
Jason Iles

quote:
quote:

I said the central stip is 20 inch wide!! Is you car 20 inch long? She panicked because of cars that may hit her on the two lane and so she continued moving into the one lane road.

So you could see she was stuck between the verge and road and kept on driving not let her in???

Sure she was stupid for doing the manover but surely letting her in was safer than leaving her in the center of the road
Rob B

would'nt worry about it mate, she is the one on the wrong side of the road in some respect, and if there was no give way sign where traveling in your direction then it cant be your fault, she cant use "you should of let me out" because you dont have too.
punkymt1

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

I braked with my balls out and I said already that the road was slippery. Surely if I hit her with 50km/h that suzuki alto can be considered as fusion with that pole.
Jason Iles

28th Mar 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was her Lawyer i'd get her off and having you take an advanced driving course

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3 22 database queries in 0.0172210 seconds