corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rimstyle?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rimstyle?
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
7th Apr 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else had problems with them?

Used too hear they were quite good?

But took them 8 weeks instead of 3 too send my coilovers and wasn't informed of the delay had too keep ringing up and also wasn't told they would catch on 17" wheels.

Ordered some spacers last friday, told i would get them tuesday gone. Still no sign!

So thats now 6 weeks too many without my car!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Apr 06 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They order their coilovers from Germany. Don't hold them on the shelf.. that's why they take Aggggeeeeeeesssss for them to get coilovers to you. Hence why I ordered from Venom!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jamie Walby

7th Apr 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never had a problem.
Dione J

7th Apr 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used them and they have been quality, they sourced my MHW rears
kiddy-sean
Banned

7th Apr 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used them an they said my rear lights would be here within the week so i waited an waited got to 6 weeks an i just canceled them

but they were good with my headlights they got delivered broken an they sent me a new pair
the_legend_of_yrag

8th Apr 06 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
They order their coilovers from Germany. Don't hold them on the shelf.. that's why they take Aggggeeeeeeesssss for them to get coilovers to you. Hence why I ordered from Venom!

yes mate hence why they told me 3 weeks at first
Jamie Walby

8th Apr 06 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH why dont you contact them and see whats going on.

I cant tell you where your wheel spacers are.
danny-corsa

8th Apr 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
But took them 8 weeks instead of 3 too send my coilovers and wasn't informed of the delay had too keep ringing up and also wasn't told they would catch on 17" wheels.

i have heard of wheels catching the coilovers before! is this only on corsa's or does it happen on astra's too???
corsaboi2005

8th Apr 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all that good with me either, when i got my black lexus lights from there, too them liek 3 weeks to get them delivered.
marklawton

8th Apr 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive orded some mhw smoked rear light from there, and there out of stock and dont no when there coming in
Scotty C

8th Apr 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always fine with me!
Jamie Walby

8th Apr 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you people have to understand is its not always as simple as just phoning up the distributors and getting them to send 1 single item out. Some distributors ask for minimum orders......I deal with a company that I can only order with them when I have at least £1000 worth I need from them.

I ordered my morettes from Rimstyle and waited about 3 weeks but TBH, it wasnt the end of the world.
the_legend_of_yrag

8th Apr 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have contacted them i rang them three times about the suspension. As they said it would take 3 weeks for the suspension too come as it's imported from germany, fair enough so i ordered them. But it's the fact they took 8 weeks, and that I had too call them and chase them up!

I wasn't told i would need spacers if i had 17's which they knew about when i rang them after i had fitted it all, so they could have easily told me when i ordered.

G4RY_JM

9th Apr 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all

its not actually as simple as that with the coilover/spacer issue. We have supplied coilovers to several corsas with 17's and 18's with no spcer needed. It is very dependant on the offset you have and the inside clearence of the wheel dependant on its style. I apologise for the delay with your coilovers, the problem with these was that the shipments get delayed leaving germany and in transit from germany, hence why we are now building stock of coilovers to make them a next day delivery item, as our main aim is to offer the best service we can and keep our customers happy but as for the spacers we have no way of knowing if you will need them until the coilovers are on. The problem does not lie with the coilovers, it lies with the wheel, as the coilovers are narrower than a standard strut, it is the ride height and the size of the wheel that brings about the problem. As stated we are supplying the spacers for free as we always like to rectify any problems where we can but most companies would charge for the spacer kit. The last thing we want is an unhappy customer and so if you have any probs, please just call direct and then we can get them sorted out for you.

I believe toby is dealing with your order, I will ask him to call you first thing monday for an update but do not worry we will get it resolved and no extra cost to yourself and get you the ideal setup so that you can start enjoying the kit

Kind Regards

Gary
jr

9th Apr 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gary
marklawton

9th Apr 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good gary, any idea on when the mhw smoked are coming in?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Apr 06 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawtonAny idea on when the mhw smoked are coming in?

What he said...

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
rimstyle

10th Apr 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately we have no date on the MHW's yet, we do not bring them into the country, but the UK distributor can not give us a delivery date. All we can do is hold customers names & numbers and inform you when they are in stock. We can not make any promises as to when they are available. You will find that every company in the UK has this problem with the MHW's and we are the only company that has them on back-order with the UK distributor.
ed_jones

10th Apr 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope my mhw's come before pvs, ive had them back ordered sice jan
Scotty C

10th Apr 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed_jones
i hope my mhw's come before pvs, ive had them back ordered sice jan

i was gonna order some in a few weeks, hopeing they was gonna be hear for PVS.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rimstyle? 23 database queries in 0.0133259 seconds