corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sounding Rough at start up !!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sounding Rough at start up !!!
shaun191

User status: Offline
   10th Apr 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i first start my car if it has been left for a few hours, over night for example, when i start it up it instantly sounds very loud and the ticking over does not sound healthy ! After about 2 minutes it returns to its normal healthy sound again. It is a 1.0L 12v - any ideas what this could be ???
Gregor

10th Apr 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by rough ?

Does it sound like a subaru?
shaun191

10th Apr 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a bag of nails ! really loud ticking over sound. but then it will suddenly go back to being quite.
Shaun2005

11th Apr 06 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not takin the piss, but have you got oil in it? when running low on oil it makes a really rough noise. If it is then top up ASAP.
Bobby.Foster

11th Apr 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like your spark plugs needs cleaning or may need new ones doesnt cost a lot and fit them your self
Joe

11th Apr 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the timing chain rattling to me, once its warm up and the oils got round a bit its quietning down. Check the oil, maybe replace it. Other than that theres not alot you can do apart from replace the chain which will be big money.

New Poll