corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anyone done the SPi mod?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone done the SPi mod?
johnny27

User status: Offline
12th Apr 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone done the intakes mods to a 1.2 spi system? I plan to fit at the weekend a 1800 spi throttle body and a 1.6 spi inlet manifold after widening it. Has anyone done this here, and what difference did it make? If you read on, i have a couple of other mods, which will help.

Recently fitted a Kent NVO 285 to my spi 1.2 corsa, was'nt expecting much difference, but it performes better than i thought it would. Anyhow, i have two other mods in mind for the 1.2, a 4 branch and intake mods. I already have fitted a free flowing filter (not that it changes anything) and a decat and straight thru centre section and rage rear silencer.
Before you ask, i have moded a 1.2 engine before and reached nearly 100 bhp, but i was running it on carbs and carb worked head, so moding this current spi i'm not going too far and spending much because its in vain when i have to keep the spi head since i can't use carbs because a corsa requires a cat unlike my old 1.2 nova. And also i want the car to be a bit nippier, without changing engines because of high insurance in N.I. Just a disclaimer before ppl start telling me i'm wasting money.
Ry_B
Banned

12th Apr 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny27
And also i want the car to be a bit nippier, without changing engines because of high insurance in N.I. Just a disclaimer before ppl start telling me i'm wasting money.

Well surely after declaring all the mods it will just be cheaper to get something faster originally?
johnny27

12th Apr 06 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be delcaring things like a bigger throttle body or 285 cam, as it is'nt something that is simply or easily noticable or detectable. As for obvious things like exhaust and air filter, they would have a minimal effect on insurance
johnny27

12th Apr 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These mods are very cheap to do for me, i have most of the parts lying around the shed.
Ry_B
Banned

12th Apr 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, was just wondering not taking the piss

alistairolsen

12th Apr 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1400 spi with an mpi head, 1.3sr inlet manifold ported to match, an 1800 cav spi tbh, 1.4sr camshaft, 4 branch manifold.

I reckon its close to 90hp, but yet to get RR
johnny27

13th Apr 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sorta effect on power did you get when you fitted the 1.8 tb?
alistairolsen

13th Apr 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno, built up the complete top end and fitted it

New Poll