corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed camera van, what a P***take....*Update*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed camera van, what a P***take....*Update*
Rob B

User status: Offline
8th May 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On friday driving to work as always, there is a road just coming out of lichfield which for about 200metres is a duel carrigaeway and about 2 weeks ago the end of that duel carrigeway used to be national speed limit and go off into the country side. 2 weeks ago they cahgned this too a 40 god knows why, straight road and never any accidents etc...

Anyway Friday coming off the duel carrigeway doing about 45 - 46 there's the van slow down to 40 fingers crossed nothing will come through.

Today there it is again, obivously im wise to it now, but i just think its pathetic and blatently there to make money, the road is straight and goes out in to the country side and is very wide too.

I will be outraged if i get something through the post saying 3 points etc for the speed i was doing

Anyway what do you guys think ? just doing it to make money .... ?

Van Rob

[Edited on 08-05-2006 by Rob B]

[Edited on 09-05-2006 by Rob B]
Lil_John
Banned

8th May 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they not trying to fight to have sigins temporary signs up 400 yards then 200 yards to warn you, there was something on the Strathycruise site (local cruise) about this but that was in december right enough.
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are fcuk all signs except the little speed camera ones...

like this one.

Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 06 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some super from Merseyside Police was on the radio before going on about how they were on it as well. 'Speed is a factor' 'Speed kills', all that crap. I phoned up to tell him that inappropriate use of speed kills, speed on its own is fine, but I couldn't get through.

Was going to say I would like Merseyside Police to clamp down on inappropriate use of speed and bad driving, and that they could start with their own officers. Most of them have forgotten triple E.
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, its ridiculous now it is perfectly safe to drive there at 70 - 80 Mph, not that i do anymore since this, i was going 45 - 46 in the first place cause i was worried there might be a van or something there,. its getting out of hand now, whilst sitting in that pub car park watching the van, i heard two tyre screaches from people braking i presume, how is this helping, its making it even more dangerous, makes it even worse the van says "safety camera" on it.
Robin
Premium Member

8th May 06 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been proven by one of the regional police forces that the flashy signs are more effective

might have been in Autocar actually
Lil_John
Banned

8th May 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be honest, when you see a speed camera do you look in your mirror then slam on the breaks??

I dont, i cant see how hidden cams help??
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are indeed Rob i see one of them i tend to slow down, if there gonna put a gatso there fair enough do it, but dont get sneaking around with bastard van's, makes it even worse i can only get 6 points and not 12 too
Jamie Walby

8th May 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Some super from Merseyside Police was on the radio before going on about how they were on it as well. 'Speed is a factor' 'Speed kills', all that crap. I phoned up to tell him that inappropriate use of speed kills, speed on its own is fine, but I couldn't get through.

Was going to say I would like Merseyside Police to clamp down on inappropriate use of speed and bad driving, and that they could start with their own officers. Most of them have forgotten triple E.

My dad always says its not speed that kills, its the stopping that kills
Ry_B
Banned

8th May 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

complete joke again, see loads of these most days where there is just no need for them
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive drove past it about 8 times today trying to see which way its facing etc
Lil_John
Banned

8th May 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt it just face out the back doors? If thats what your talking about lol.
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but it doesnt make sense, they would catch alot more people facing the other way which is why i wanted too see, there also on the opposite side of the road so there getting people from the front... wander if my numberplate got through the automatic numperplate recoignition (sp) ok
Danny H

8th May 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was out on my dinner at work. Walking along the path and there was a que of traffic waiting at the lights. Amongst the traffic there was a copper in a van. The lights turned green and they all started to move off, except the copper, who appeared to be looking down at something. As I walked passed his window, I saw he was doing something on his phone.

I would of took the reggo and reported him if I thought there would of been anything come of it but I would of probably been wasting my time.
Danny H

8th May 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW, the phone was in his hands, not a holder.
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can i find somewhere to write too, to express my feelings
JadeM
Premium Member

8th May 06 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught doing 86 on the motorway, bastards had stuck the mobile unit on a motorway bridge with the door wide open so you couldnt see the police lettering!! They were positioned in a way that as you come up a hill & round bend the camber of the road doesnt allow you to see it until your right in front of the damn thing!! Im fucking fumming & refuse to pay it!!!
Rob B

8th May 06 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty much like this one mate, you come round the corner then its at the bottom of the Hill., mate just said he reckons that they can only get you when your driving away from them ... ?
JadeM
Premium Member

8th May 06 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me + 2 others at work got caught in the space of a couple days!! Its so obvious they were there to catch us out!! I dont care what anyone says, 86 on a quiet motorway is not dangerous.....I was in a 1.2 clio overtaking 3 HGV's, wtf's wrong with that!! It must have been a goldmine!!!

I used to respect the police & there work but now im of the opinion there nothing other than government jobsworths out to take your last penny!!
Rob B

8th May 06 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do police documents come through recorded delivery.
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

shouldve rang me instead and called me an asian
SVM 286

8th May 06 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Most of them have forgotten triple E.

What's triple E?
mav

8th May 06 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught at 85 on a 70 dual carrigeway (A92) parked their van just off a long bend so you can't see it...got 3 points and £60.

To make it worse think I got caught again on same road few weeks back doing about 78...I shouls have learned
ed_jones

8th May 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one before some roadworks near me was catching a average of 20 peeople a hour as it was hidden in a lay by coming off a long fast striaght which is clear opena nd safe.
dna23

8th May 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
there are fcuk all signs except the little speed camera ones...

like this one.

i found one of these in my room after a night out its now stuck on the back of my door dunno how it got home with me in all those pieces or how/where i and if i got it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed camera van, what a P***take....*Update* 22 database queries in 0.0178540 seconds