corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 12v lost power

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 12v lost power
B21pLaYa

User status: Offline
31st May 06 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking to buy a cheap corsa and been offered one that has a problem but im sure it was a common one. below is what i have been told

" The missus came home other day complaining that the car had lost its power. The lights on the dash had come on and all the revs dropped to 0 although the CD player and llights remained on. After a few minutes waiting at the side of the road it then started and got her home"

was this due to a sensor failure?
Marc

31st May 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could very well be down to a sensor. Would need plugging in to a diagnostic machine to find out the cause. Would you really want to buy a car that could potentially have several more problems??
B21pLaYa

31st May 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Could very well be down to a sensor. Would need plugging in to a diagnostic machine to find out the cause. Would you really want to buy a car that could potentially have several more problems??

yeah i understand but im sure i read somewhere this was a common problem - easy fix - think it was MAF or ICV
B21pLaYa

31st May 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

yeah i understand but im sure i read somewhere this was a common problem - easy fix - think it was MAF or ICV
ed

31st May 06 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be any number of the sensors on the engine. If you read on here that it could be the MAF or the ICV then it's regurgitated bullshit from people who don't know what they are talking about...

It will have to be tested on a diagnosis machine. Anyway, my 1.2, which is effectively the same engine and management, did the same thing and it turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. Cost £40 for the sensor and it's been fine ever since.
justrials2

31st May 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know they had power to start with
Ry_B
Banned

31st May 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was waiting for someone to say that

New Poll