corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PHP and sendmail

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PHP and sendmail
ed

User status: Offline
5th Jun 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have written a few scripts which send e-mails out for a few websites I'm working on at the moment. Is there any way I can change the name of the sender of the message, as currently the messages come through as the sendmaill default which is normally 'nobody' or 'www-data' which wont look very professional when I set the CRON up to automatically send out e-mails to the customers. I also need to be able to set message subjects too, as that is blank. I assume there are variable names that I need to know in order to do this?
Dom

5th Jun 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you use the mail function, you should beable to set the from sender address as well as subject. look at the php.net website and search for mail function, though something like:

ini_set(sendmail_from,'from@me.com');
mail($emailaddy, $subject, $body, $header);
ini_restore(sendmail_from);

should do the trick as it forces the sendmail_from parameter - been a long time since ive done php so its off the top of my head
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jun 06 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - mail() function has arguments.

See if you can get example 3 working.

http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

[Edited on 05-06-2006 by Ian]

New Poll