corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Gsi Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Gsi Problem
Badgersport

User status: Offline
   20th Jun 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, got a 1994 Corsa gsi (C16XE) was running like a bag of shoot, so got to work checking the usuals sparkplugs, leads and AFM and of course the trusty ICV.After i got messing the car would barely tick over so did the paper clip test and came back with code 92 - camshaft sensor failure - faulty? is that a new sensor i need?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Jun 06 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't run if the crankshaft sensor had gone...I suppose it could be faulty but Its usually all or nothing with them. But since thats the fault code reading, replace it

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Badgersport

20th Jun 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your help. i will try the spare i have see if it improves. only had the gsi on the road a week. the joys of owning a car ay?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Jun 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
wouldn't run if the crankshaft sensor had gone...I suppose it could be faulty but Its usually all or nothing with them. But since thats the fault code reading, replace it

but he said camshaft

check the wire, it sometimes catches on the plastic where it comes out of the cam cover. a faulty camshaft sensor can case running probs as the ignition timing will be all over the place.
Badgersport

20th Jun 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just checked the wire, unplugged and plugged it back in, still not idling. will it just be a case of riping the old sensor out and putting a new one in?
Rileysport

20th Jun 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i vote that its lost one of the lugs on the cam pulley or the sensor could be mullered like it said, sensor replacement is easy, unplug fooked one... plug in good one

[Edited on 20-06-2006 by Rileysport]
Badgersport

21st Jun 06 at 06:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers i will check the cam pulley later and check against the spare i got, then swap the sensor. its great having a spare engine 2 rip apart for parts
Badgersport

21st Jun 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then...swapped the camshaft sensor, checked the lugs on the exhaust pully. i left the battery disconnected overnight. started the car and now have fault code 68 with i believe is Throttle Position sensor and code 92 the camshaft sensor again. are these faults connected in any way? please help! would a cam belt that has moved a few teeth cause these faults as the car idles at about 100 and when throttle pressed it goes up a little then stalls.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

21st Jun 06 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi

but he said camshaft

check the wire, it sometimes catches on the plastic where it comes out of the cam cover. a faulty camshaft sensor can case running probs as the ignition timing will be all over the place.

Ooops misread it

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project

New Poll