corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine trouble yet afookingain 1.2 16v sxi corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine trouble yet afookingain 1.2 16v sxi corsa b
puregarage87uk

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 06 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi. rite this time
youll be driving down the road. everything will be fine, then sudenly the engine will die not cut out but die. some times itll die to a certain revs then ittle jump and splutter then everything willl go back to norma. some times you can solve this by changing to another gear higher or lower. im about an inch close to changeing to a sport engine as i have already spent 300 quid on parts on other problems.
any ideas what it could be and how much i could pick up a sport 1.4 16v engine for??

what would i need to change if anything would the sport engien bolt straightonto the sxi box or would i need to change that too.
corsa.v6

2nd Jul 06 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by corsa2.5v6]
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf is that sposed to mean/be
X 60RSA

2nd Jul 06 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, if you havent already changed the air flow meter, idle stepper motor or coil pack and maybe the EGR Valve, i'd say one of them is at vault!

The AFM and ICV are 2 main problems with these engines, replaced both myself after a similar problem to yours.

vaux-tech

2nd Jul 06 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV wont be nefing to do wi it i bet, mass air flow meters tend not to let the engine rev past 3000rpm when they go knackered, as for the corsa sport engine, it will probably bolt straight to the old g'box.
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive changed the mass air flow meter coil pack and crank case sensor and fuel filter.
vaux-tech

2nd Jul 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it work off a speedo cable? cuz later corsa b's got rid of it. this same problems happened to corsa c's. the electrical connector on the back of the speedo dials becomes loose, making the dials go off and the engine cut out intermittently. to sort it, we use a bit of sticking back plastic on the back of the plug to keep it in place. same problem might be causing yours...?
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its on a electrical conecter i could try it but the engine doesnt cut out it just dies down but stil runs but not long enuff to see if its going to sit at idle etc

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by puregarage87uk]
ed

2nd Jul 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had it fault checked at Vauxhall yet?
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had it pluged in a few times yeah and ive chaged all of those
ed

2nd Jul 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who did the fault check though?
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had 2 differant ppl do it both are vauxhall speciial ists but for half the price of vauxhall there self and doing the same job.
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent had it plugged in since i changed the fuel filter or the air mass filter tho. so thats next on the list

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by puregarage87uk]
vaux-tech

2nd Jul 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at a main dealer of vauxhall, if u go into reception and just ask them to slam tech2 on your car for you, they usually do out of good will, tell em your problems and they'll prob b able to tell u sumat.
puregarage87uk

2nd Jul 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been to vauxhall and they said its 45 quid.
puregarage87uk

4th Jul 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much can i pick up an ecu for?? as ive been told by a few ppl thats what it could be. is it going to be worth doing it or would it be cheaper to just change the engine?
puregarage87uk

6th Jul 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas any one???
puregarage87uk

16th Jul 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite. now my engine wont go above 2500 revs some times its 3000. it will be runin fine for a bit. then it will just start playing up. youll rev it up to 2500 and then ittle drop and the engine wont kick back in till 2000 revs then ittle die again at 2500.
some times the engine management light comes on. im guessing its something electricle
im awaiting to get it pluged in but its got worse over this last week. could there be a plug on a sensor loose some where.? any ideas before i scrap this engine its cost me close to 300 quid already.
Joe

16th Jul 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is likely to be a sensor of some sort. Why not just take it to a garage, tell them the problems and leave it with them till its sorted.

Its hard to tell without actually driving or seeing the problem, could be EGR valve? but could also be a number of things, we can only guess from here as no-one has actually seen whats happening with it.
puregarage87uk

16th Jul 06 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite this is strange. i put a new battery in my car as the other one was going flat as i was driving down the road and amazingly the the rev problem has seemed to have stopped. been using the car for a good few hours and not a single blip. so hopefully thats problem solved. wooo

New Poll