corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent question, engine number location on small block engines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent question, engine number location on small block engines
jr

User status: Offline
10th Jul 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not for me, but i cant remember, but where is it, i thought they were in the same location as 20XE's, by the box on the block running verticle, but it seems not

its a 98 astra 1.6 8v, think its a x16sz
Robin
Premium Member

10th Jul 06 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be where you thought.

could be difficult to see though, bit of sand paper might help
ed

10th Jul 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the engine. The 1.0 and 1.2's have them stuck on a piece of paper which has a tendency to go missing. Though in with your manual you should have a matching bit of paper with the engine number on it too. Not sure if the 1.6/1.6 block is the same as the 1.0 and 1.2 engines are made by Suzuki so are probably wierd.
ShEp

10th Jul 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AL vaux engines have it stamped at that part near the gearbox running vertical, but some have stickers aswell.

could be a x16szr

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent question, engine number location on small block engines 22 database queries in 0.0116951 seconds