corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Intresting, regarding insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Intresting, regarding insurance
jr

User status: Offline
16th Jul 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Over the last month we've been tracking developments in this situation and felt it best to let you know what's being introduced.

Things are shortly going to become even more bureaucratic. The EU directive that resulted in our government making the Motor Insurers database a legal requirement started the ball rolling and Insurers have a legal requirement to place all details upon the database within 14 days of policy inception, which is changing to within 7 days shortly.

Whilst the primary purpose of the database is to combat uninsured drivers, a positive note of the database is that it also saves the queue in the post office by allowing the online purchase of road tax.

The next stage will result from a further directive that will become law shortly, this resulted from the Motor Insurers Bureau (the body that indemnifies victims of uninsured drivers) successfully lobbying the government to introduce a law that requires ALL vehicles (including those kept "off road") to have valid Insurance in place.

The latest position (ie. two weeks ago) was that the MIB were sucessful in lobbying the government to ensure that ALL vehicles (kept on or off the road) will require Insurance.

It seems that in a similar way to how the new road tax system operates, they will be using the data contained within the Motor Insurers Database to inform the authorites that an individual's motor Insurance has expired.

Two links in this regard are as follows:

http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/News/La...+June+2006.htm

http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/News/Vi...aids+fight.htm

I'll post more details once further info becomes available in this regard, but felt it worth letting everyone know whats looming on the horizon.

Kind regards

Tony
Telephone: 01277 263030
blebo

16th Jul 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea...providing its not a money making scam and the prices are kept fair for a car which is off road doing 0 miles per year
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jul 06 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course its a money making scam. If my car is locked in an underground bunker, I don't need any insurance, tax, or any of that SORN crap. Yet another pain in the ass waste of time paperwork for legitmate people to have to do, and get fined for not doing.
stubs

16th Jul 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Of course its a money making scam. If my car is locked in an underground bunker, I don't need any insurance, tax, or any of that SORN crap. Yet another pain in the ass waste of time paperwork for legitmate people to have to do, and get fined for not doing.

I agree!

This country sucks ass at times!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jul 06 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got fined for not taxing a car which was in bits on a shelf, car was in my name.

My mate who is a farmer who has a diesel tank in the yard was having diesel stolen, being used to fill up scally pool cars, we got the reg of one - no keeper. No one was ever caught or even questioned.

Hobby - fine.

Theft - nothing.
Matt H

16th Jul 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, more money I'll have to spend
langey

16th Jul 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I got fined for not taxing a car which was in bits on a shelf, car was in my name.

My mate who is a farmer who has a diesel tank in the yard was having diesel stolen, being used to fill up scally pool cars, we got the reg of one - no keeper. No one was ever caught or even questioned.

Hobby - fine.

Theft - nothing.

that just about sums the criminal justice system up tho
AK

16th Jul 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is pish....

SVM 286

17th Jul 06 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking ridiculous!!!

I've got two cars off the road now, because one needs a fortune spending on it, and the other would cost 1700 quid to insure.

There is NO way I would insure either of these vehicles when I can't even afford to insure the one i'm using.
PaulW

17th Jul 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but I'm drawing the line on insuring a car which is in bits on my driveway...
PaulW

17th Jul 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link to said document as jr's links don't work...

http://www.mib.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B0CD0E56-285B-48D1-839A-60995F238A74/0/InsuranceTimes29June2006.pdf

fucking piss take
MarkM

17th Jul 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the insurance companies are rubbing there hands with delight right now...

PaulW

17th Jul 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

agreed

with 6 points on my back, the GSi comes in at £800 to insure... bollocks am I paying that just to sit on my drive under 3rd party cover... Why should it need to be insured if its not used/in bits/broke??

and why should I be expected to pay £800 JUST to insure it 3rd party, so even if it gets nicked I'm £800 out of pocket + a whole car...
chr15barn3s

17th Jul 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a joke, i dont have any cars off the road at present but its something that will happen in the near future.

That has actually annoyed me and put me in a shit mood
MarkM

17th Jul 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

why should I be expected to pay £800 JUST to insure it 3rd party, so even if it gets nicked I'm £800 out of pocket + a whole car...

Exactly...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Intresting, regarding insurance 22 database queries in 0.0122252 seconds