corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » few xe problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few xe problems
mossy

User status: Offline
18th Jul 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1- its not pulling as well as it was...only started doin it this week or so...
and clutch dont seem to be slipping....i dont think

2- my wheels are shaky....when ya give them a kick they move slightly back and forward and front to back....wih the odd knocking noise when driving it.

3- what will i need to have a gearbox changed...got the box, will i need new gaskets and how much gearbox oil?
jamesvalver

User status: Offline
18th Jul 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. give it a good service, change plugs and all filters

2. check all hub and suspension bolts are tight and secure. is there any wheel bearing play? bottom ball joint warn out?

3. all you will need is a new gearbox. and as for oil, buy a 5l bottle and you will have plenty left over. you fill the f20 up ontop near the gear selector and there is a level bung near where the drivers side driveshaft goes. remove the bung and fill the box up with oil untill it comes out the level hole.

its also a good idea to give the clutch a check while you can get at it just to make sure that your presure plate, cltuch plate and flywheel are all ok

if my description of where the filler and level holes are on the f20 is no good then let me no as i have a spare box so i can sort out some photos

New Poll