corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp - Help please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp - Help please!
vx.racing

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have just connected up my amp but there is no power going to it. Any ideas what the problem might be or what i might be doing wrong? Would the amp have power with the power cable connected to the battery and the ground cable grounded? Or do the RCA and remote cable also need to be connected?

Also a bit confused about the RCA cables. The RCA cables with the wiring kit have a black and red plug and another little thin wire with no plug? What is this wire for? Also i have a fair few plugs in the back of my head unit so i'm confused as to which i should connect the RCA cables into?

There is - Sub, Centre, 2x Video, Front R, Front L, Rear R and Rear L. And a black cable unlabelled? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
carnuts

22nd Jul 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to have that little wire connected to the amo that is you remote wire has to be connected to the headunit too lol what are you using the amo for if a sub then connect to sub
Jules

22nd Jul 06 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I typed a full bloody explanation to this then accidently click back on my browser and lost it!
To save me typing it all out again your best bet is to ask in the ICE section and you'll get a answer there I should imagine.
If you don't then I'll pop in and type it all out again.
vx.racing

23rd Jul 06 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was my remote cable that was causing the problem, i checked it on the power cable and when it was connected to that the amp powered up so i connected it to a more reliable wire on my headunit and all is well now. Thanks for the help guys, Cheers.
vx.racing

23rd Jul 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i do have one more question... is there alot of difference in sound quality between an open air sub and a boxed sub?
carnuts

23rd Jul 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boxed subs are always more thumpy i dont think there are many good free air subs without spendin mega bucks

New Poll