corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Advice (Wheels, Side Skirt and Rear Bumper)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Advice (Wheels, Side Skirt and Rear Bumper)
Grey M@a

User status: Offline
24th Jul 06 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all

Just a quick post really to ask for some advice. I recently bought a new Corsa C 1.4 Twinport SXi+ and with the deal came the Irmscher Front bumper and the Rear spoiler with the twin 3" Irmscher exhaust.

The problem is they give you this but try and make you buy the back bumper and side skirts, I couldn't afford to pay out an extra 800 quid for this as I just slapped down £10995 and I know for a fact I can get skirts and a rear bumper including the paint job on them cheaper than 800 quid. Does anyone know of any side skirts that would suit the Irmscher front bumper and a rear bumper that will allow the Irmscher exhaust to fit? If anyone has any links to them I would be grateful.

As for the wheels, the corsa came with the sports suspension so I know I can plonk 16 or 17 inch wheels on this corsa with lower profile tyres out the box. Thing is I have seen two wheels I like to go on the car. Which ones do people prefer:

O.Z Racing Hydra 17":

WolfRace Suzuka Chrome 17":

Anyone got any other good ones they think would suit a star silver metallic corsa c

Thanks for all the advice you can give, been a clio driver since I passed my test 7 years ago and this is my first stint with a corsa
duffman

24th Jul 06 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the OZ ones the most out of them, but OZ super T's are also really nice. got any pics of the car mate?
Grey M@a

24th Jul 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will upload some pictures of the car on Wednesday if that is alright mate? As its going in tonight to get resprayed as they fucked the paint job on it. I love the Super T's but fancied them more for the old clio, somehow I don't think they suit the corsa.

If I can I will get some pictures off the mobile phone when I get the car from the car park tonight. They won't be the best but they will give you an idea
duffman

24th Jul 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound mate yeah just get sum pics posted when ya can then.
Grey M@a

24th Jul 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here you go, this is the new corsa, in the middle of debadging it, got them all off bar the side strips and the Vaux badge on the back, doing that on wednesday when I am off. Anyway here it is:

duffman

24th Jul 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very nice mate, will look even better when you get a new set of wheels on.

The vauxhall logo (griffin) on the back has a hole underneath it mate so i wouldnt take it off unless ur gonna use some filler on it etc.
Grey M@a

24th Jul 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to Vauxhall its just glued on 0.o um if its got holes behind it I will leave it for now until I can afford to fill it and get it sprayed again.
duffman

24th Jul 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its defo got a hole behind it thats why i havnt done mine. some other lad on here took his off and was left with a hole.
Grey M@a

24th Jul 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that, won't do it then just yet
Grey M@a

25th Jul 06 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to ask, the side strips on the doors, do these come off the same way in which the back badges do? I am assuming that the whole door is painted so you won't be left with masking lines from the factory if I took them off? Just trying to get an idea if I would need to spray the side of the car again if I took them off.
duffman

25th Jul 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do come off in the same way yes and there is paint underneath them so you shouldnt need a re-spray as long as you are careful and take your time you should be fine. Use plenty of hot water and the same sort of technique as you used on doing the back badges.

Grey M@a

25th Jul 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duffman, you got 17's on yours? you change the springs from the Irmscher/Sports springs that came with your corsa. Just wondering if I will need a set of Eibach's to go with the wheels when I get em
duffman

25th Jul 06 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate av only got 15's on it. I have changed them from the springs that came on it yeah, i have put 40mm apex springs on mine.
Grey M@a

25th Jul 06 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um, we just debadged my uncles corsa 1.8 and his vaux badge is glued on 0.o do I risk trying it on mine and hoping its glued to.
duffman

25th Jul 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno mate lol, its up to you, i put a post on here a little while ago asking about it an everybody advised me against it as they said it will defo 100% have a hole underneath.
scott d

26th Jul 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think OZ are offset friendly for Corsa C's... ET37 if I recall which would require arch modding.

Irmscher side skirts are less than £200 brand new now along with other parts discounted. Guess irmy are getting rid of all stock before the Corsa D arrives.

Irmscher springs are Eibach's rebraded so stick with the suspension unless you want a lower drop.
Grey M@a

26th Jul 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It already been lowered 40mm by Irmscher springs so I will keep that, stick 17's on with lower profile tyres in order to fill the arches

Where are the lower priced Irmscher gear, had a look at the Irmscher site and they are still asking 498 for the skirts and 480 for the back bumper
Andy_sxi

26th Jul 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out this website for irmscher bits mate. There are some sideskirts at the bottom of this page.
http://www.irmscher-bits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_30&sort=3a&page=2
Grey M@a

26th Jul 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Thanks, quick question whats the difference between the face lift version and pre fae lift version?

[Edited on 26-07-2006 by Grey M@a]
duffman

26th Jul 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pre facelift is anything upto the 2003 model iirc. then anything after that is the facelift model. the main difference is the face basically lol, front lights different upper an lower grills etc.
Grey M@a

26th Jul 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, so facelift models I am looking for Just got the Filter Panel in the car today, my corsa does have the two holes in it according to Vaux so leaving it well alone for now. Should be getting the 16" wheel's this weekend hopefully, decided against 17's, seen a mates corsa with 16's and it looks alright Thanks all for your help, been a great insight for me, just learning the in's and out's of the corsa atm

EDIT: Bah, looking at the Irmscher bits site, they don't have the back bumper for facelift models only the pre facelift :/

[Edited on 26-07-2006 by Grey M@a]
duffman

27th Jul 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries mate glad i could help, urs is defo a facelift model so they are the bits you need to look for. Dont forget to post some pics up when you have got the wheels on. Which ones have you decided to get then?
Grey M@a

27th Jul 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at what options I have for 16" wheels atm, before I put 17's on. Seen a few people with 17's and the irmscher springs but when they get someone in the back the arches rub :/ Should have a good idea tonight of the 16's I am after unless anyone has any idea's of what looks decent on the corsa's
duffman

27th Jul 06 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just your preference, i love multispoke wheels on corsa's that why i have them, but other people dont. so its just what you think will suit your car.
Grey M@a

28th Jul 06 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like I may of found some multi spokers that suit the car 16" Team Dynamics Monza R wheels Gonna go see them tonight and hopefull have them by the end of the weekend

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll