corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sunday/Saturday league memories

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunday/Saturday league memories
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
25th Jul 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As well all know football can be quite a violent and aggressive sport sometimes. Post in here any memories you have of your teammates being hurt or teammates hurting others

I'll start. Our left-back called Paddy (doesn't play anymore for reasons you will find out in a minute) had the heart of a lion and never backed out of challenges. One day our centre half played a bit of a hospital pass to him and he ended up competing for the ball with 2 blokes from the other team. The first bloke slid in and basically sent Paddy upside down, however, in the process of Paddy's legs going up into the air, the second bloke (who was a bit bigger) basically shoulder charged him.

So you can imagine. Firstly, your basically doing a handstand in mid air then all of a sudden you get charged by someone who must of weighed a good 15st.

Needless to say, Paddy went for his first flying lesson and ended up about 12ft away from where the original tackle was. Broke his leg and was told by doctors that he wouldn't be playing again for a good few years.

+

[Edited on 25-07-2006 by --Dave--]
gianluigi

25th Jul 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our right back was similar, he went in for a 50/50, snapped his leg right in half, bones sticking out and everything. He will never play again

Cosmo

25th Jul 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were playing in our local derby game (most our in Sunday league but this team were the closest to us) and I chased this defender who had gone on a bit of a run back and made a tackle on the edge of our box. Just as I went in, one of our defenders went in fromt he otherside and we sandwiched this guy as he was falling between us.

He colapsed onto the floor and said he couldnt move his legs, etc. so an ambulance was called, he was put onto one of those neck/back brace boards and taken to hospital. Turned out it was only something trapped (cant remember what), his feelings came back and he was only in hospital for a week or so.

I ended up being really good mates with his a few years later and I take the piss out of him for it all the time.
--Dave--
Banned

25th Jul 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lucky bugger. You could have turned him into a vegetable!
Cosmo

25th Jul 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

lucky bugger. You could have turned him into a vegetable!

yeah. It wasnt even a bad challenge to be fair. I got the ball and the other guy would of it I hadnt first. I think the bang and fall is what did it though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sunday/Saturday league memories 23 database queries in 0.0089900 seconds