corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smooth boot people?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smooth boot people?
AndyW

User status: Offline
30th Jul 06 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i need some help i have my boot wired up to a button on my dash to pop it open, my only prob is i need something to push it open when it pops to clear the catch, how have people got around this problem
mitch2

31st Jul 06 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used a push/pull solenoid. If you have a switch instead of a button, the power is still running to the solenoid and keeps the catch open. All you have to do is pull the boot up. However, it does depend how heavy the boot is know. You ca use a spring or something of a ford.
Ben ev

31st Jul 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be carefull with permenant switch as can catch the wire on fire! not good. if you wind out the rubber bits on each side of the tail gate it will pop open enough to clear the locking mechanism
AndyW

1st Aug 06 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer ive tried that before but it made the boot poke out i thought maybe im just being picky...

New Poll