corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Senna off to Utd...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Senna off to Utd...
Cosmo

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Senna Info

Will def strengthen your midfield, and think all you need now is a forward to get you 20 goals a season to replace RVN.

I still think Owen Hargreaves would of been a better signing for you instead of Senna, younger, English and better player. But with what you ended up paying for Carrick Im sure Bayern would o held you to ransom too.
RyanSxi

3rd Aug 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with hargreaves, but like you say it cuda cost us far too much
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
agree with hargreaves, but like you say it cuda cost us far too much

If you'd of gone for him before Carrick and made it part of the RVN deal it could of worked out alot better for you than what you eventually got for him from Real.

The Carrick deal has set a precident for what your willing to pay now, and have a feeling most clubs will bump their prices right up for any players you want.
Marc

3rd Aug 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 years old though. Would be better off with a striker.

Still wish we had Hargreaves or Lennon.
Hammer

3rd Aug 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hargreaves playing his heart out in 2 games at the WC for England, imo, doesnt change the fact he's not good enough for Englands first team or Man United.

Opinion is swayed far far too easily, before the WC Hargreaves was a national laughing stock and had people crying that Sven had made a mistake in taking him, you only have to drag threads up on here to see that.
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
Hargreaves playing his heart out in 2 games at the WC for England, imo, doesnt change the fact he's not good enough for Englands first team or Man United.

Opinion is swayed far far too easily, before the WC Hargreaves was a national laughing stock and had people crying that Sven had made a mistake in taking him, you only have to drag threads up on here to see that.

have you ever watched him for Bayern? If your basing what kind of player he is by his England performances then your not going by much...infact you'd be saying Lampard is shite from his WC performances!

I have always been a big fan of his, and would of loved to see him at Liverpool before we signed Sissoko. I am suprised Arsenal or Man U havent been in for him yet TBH.
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
30 years old though. Would be better off with a striker.

Still wish we had Hargreaves or Lennon.

Agreed, he is getting on a bit, but you could get 2 or 3 good years out of him. Atleast one good season would give you time to find a better replacement for Keane.

You must buy a forward though, as Rooney wont score loads and loads a season and its too risky to hope Ole, Saha or Rossi come good this season.
Marc

3rd Aug 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Ole just needs support to achieve.
Hammer

3rd Aug 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

have you ever watched him for Bayern? If your basing what kind of player he is by his England performances then your not going by much...infact you'd be saying Lampard is shite from his WC performances!

I have always been a big fan of his, and would of loved to see him at Liverpool before we signed Sissoko. I am suprised Arsenal or Man U havent been in for him yet TBH.

yip, sure have, i've seen him play countless times, including in the flesh a couple of times, he's a good player in that he's full of energy and always puts in a shift but thats not good enough for a team tryin to win the premiership and that will be the reason why Wenger and Ferguson haven't bought him.
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yip, sure have, i've seen him play countless times, including in the flesh a couple of times, he's a good player in that he's full of energy and always puts in a shift but thats not good enough for a team tryin to win the premiership and that will be the reason why Wenger and Ferguson haven't bought him.

He is well upto standard for both Arsenal and Utd though, you should know this having watched him. The job he did for England is what he does week in week out for Bayern, and he is the sort of player who will sit in that role infront of the defense like Utd (mainly) need.
Hammer

3rd Aug 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then why aren't Ferguson and Wenger fighting over him then? and why have man u just bought Carrick for up to £18 million when Hargreaves would have been significantly cheaper?

He's not good enough and it wouldn't surprise me if Steve McLaren never plays him, the dearth of talent England have in central midfield should assure that.
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Then why aren't Ferguson and Wenger fighting over him then? and why have man u just bought Carrick for up to £18 million when Hargreaves would have been significantly cheaper?

He's not good enough and it wouldn't surprise me if Steve McLaren never plays him, the dearth of talent England have in central midfield should assure that.

Carrick isnt the same type of player Hargreaves is, infact totally different. He is more your Scholes type, get the ball and spread it round the field. Hargreaves is more your Keane (although not as hard), breaking attacks up and distributing it the the rest of midfield and going on the occasional run upfield. They would suit each other in midfield perfectly, and be one of the best partnerships in the league IMO.

I have no idea why they arent all over him. Bayern asking too much. Lack of money to buy him when other players needed first. Who knows!

And as for not playing for England...Carrick isnt a holding player, Carragher isnt a holding player. King isnt a holding player. So if he wants to play Gerrard AND Lampard attacking (which he should unless he wants to follow Svens route!) then he needs someone like Hargreaves there.

Hammer

3rd Aug 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't all over him because they dont want him it's pretty simple

Through following Celtic in Europe i have also seen Senna a good few times in the flesh as well, and imo he's the better player 30 years of age or not. Im not saying Hargreaves is useless though because there's been plenty of times on here every single person has been slating him and i've always stated he's good at the job he's on the pitch to do.
Tom

3rd Aug 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did they pay for senna? Is he good cos' i've only seen him for a few mins at a time during last years CL?
Cosmo

3rd Aug 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
How much did they pay for senna? Is he good cos' i've only seen him for a few mins at a time during last years CL?

Reports are saying he is going to cost about 4mil, but I read on Teletext the other day they wanted 10mil. And with Utd paying 18.6mil for Carrick I doubt they'll get him on the cheap.

And he is no Sissoko
Tom

3rd Aug 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sissoko is already looking a really good buy I think he's gonna be a proper anfield legend in time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Senna off to Utd... 23 database queries in 0.0118258 seconds