corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » window tints

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author window tints
K@R£N

User status: Offline
8th Aug 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been looking on ebay n there are some window tints, just wondered if anybody could tell me if they are good or not, maybe someone has got them before and could just let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA-C-FULL-PRE-CUT-WINDOW-TINTS_W0QQitemZ330014312511QQihZ014QQcategoryZ72232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
corsaaa_16v

8th Aug 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not worth it IMO, youl never get the finish of a professional place, and you wont have the quality fo work guaranteed either!! IMO keep ya money, save up £150 and get it done by a pro, well worth it and it looks mint!! (plus they provide all the tint, equipment, etc so ya dont have to spend money on that!!)
Charlene

8th Aug 06 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get it done professionally to be honest
chris-sri

8th Aug 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front ones are illegal anyway. Max 30% tint on the front sides 25% on the windscreen.
K@R£N

8th Aug 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanx alot, ur comments confirm wot i thought but i was just hopin they might be worth it hehe
moka

8th Aug 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold up, if you are confident, have alot of time on ur hands and a few mates to help ya its a piece of piss.. done my rear side windows without a mark bubble or scratch on em!!! cost me £6 or £7 on ebay!!! tried doing rear window and compleatly fucked up thou cause its curved. so id say have a go... cheap as chips on ebay.
K@R£N

8th Aug 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wot i thought, u know bout it bein cheap so mite aswell try but the cheapest 1 i could find was like 30 quid
Fad

8th Aug 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont be cheap as it often is shown in the finished product its a known fact DIY tints never look anywhere as good as pro ones....people will only point and laugh.

Remeber this bit of gospel info...cheap mods= tacky car. Save up and buy decent stuf and the car will look miles better.

Steer clear of cheap alloys, petrol cap sticker, neons, neon washer jets and shopping lists down the side of the car and you cant go wrong.
Basscrazy

8th Aug 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
hold up, if you are confident, have alot of time on ur hands and a few mates to help ya its a piece of piss.. done my rear side windows without a mark bubble or scratch on em!!! cost me £6 or £7 on ebay!!! tried doing rear window and compleatly fucked up thou cause its curved. so id say have a go... cheap as chips on ebay.

totally different

side windows are a piece of piss

rear back window impossible with precut as with the curve on the screen you need special window tint which that shit off ebay is not it will not take to it and you will no way get it to take around the heated elements

K@R£N

8th Aug 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree wit cheap mods = tacky car but i just got some little neons fitted. they not to bright more suttle (in the footwells) so dont fink to tacky lol
Lynny

8th Aug 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K@R£N
i agree wit cheap mods = tacky car but i just got some little neons fitted. they not to bright more suttle (in the footwells) so dont fink to tacky lol

Tacky car - 'suttle' neons
Jay

8th Aug 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i just got some little neons fitted. they not to bright more suttle (in the footwells) so dont fink to tacky lol

Wrong

quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi
quote:

Tacky car - 'suttle' neons

Right
JM_16v

9th Aug 06 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
The front ones are illegal anyway. Max 30% tint on the front sides 25% on the windscreen.

thought it was bout 17% fronts and your not aloud to touch the windscreen at all?!

25% is still quite dark
JM_16v

9th Aug 06 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it seems a bit unclear regarding the laws

some websites say not tints on the front at all http://www.4youngdrivers.co.uk/pages/information/modifying-laws/window-tinting.asp

and some say 25% and 30%

Has law on window tinting changed?
Dione J

9th Aug 06 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front Windscreen: 25% (they must let 75% light through)
Front Windows (i.e drivers and passengers): 30% (70% light must get through)
All other windows – No restriction.
Rob_Lee
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neons + tints.... whats next?

Snowplow bumpers and a wing of a 747?
corsaaa_16v

9th Aug 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front windscreen 25%, lol

i know for a fact you aint allowed to touch the front windscreen with any sort of tint paper or tint spray!!
mark_d
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all tints before the b-pillar are illegal. i dont care what percentage you think youre allowed. if its not a factory option, its illegal. used to be 30%, but that was changed a few years ago

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » window tints 22 database queries in 0.0120120 seconds