corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PETROL PRICES...if your not happy with them, read on...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PETROL PRICES...if your not happy with them, read on...
cor5a tommy

User status: Offline
   9th Aug 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think back to a few years ago, petrol prices we're a small 72.9 a litre, and it went up to 78.9 and everyone went nuts. Blockades and boycotts kept the prices low, until everyone forgets about it and they fire the prices through the roof.

Is it not time to do what as consumers (being ripped off in this coutry) we are entitled to do, and not pay for it at those prices. You go to a boot sale or a market and you can barter on a price, so why is it at shops and forecourts u HAVE to pay the price advertised.

We need to fight back and get fuel prices lowered. If one single fuel depot is blockaded, the cost to the fuel company is millions within hours. There tankers cannot leave, their supplies build up, ships carrying oil have to dock for hours, then eventually it costs the company millions, if not billions. To prevent this, its cheaper for them to cut the prices of fuel and save the cost of millions of oil tankers being stuck in a depot or on the coastline.

As a country we should be saying no to 103.9 a litre (which if im right is more than diesel these days) and be telling them how much we are willing to pay.

This isnt something only one person can accomplish and we need messages like this to go to all the lorry drivers and commuters out there that pay so much in fuel to the government. With prices set to rise further because BT broke an AMERICAN fuel line, and the middle east is always at war.

Are you all that happy to pay more for fuel when its all down the americans and the people in the middle east, why should we pay £60a week plus to run a 1.4 16v when they can all run 6.5l V8s for just £30 a week????

We need to organise some action, and if your interested or know of any ways to help then please respond.
mwg

9th Aug 06 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa National Meet outside one of the oil depots

Not really going to make any difference. Fuel prices will keep rising.
mark_d
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point argueing, if you dont like paying for it/cant afford it, i suggest you walk or ride a bike or something like that
cor5a tommy

9th Aug 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if we dont let them, its only because as a nation we're happy to pay for everything...council tax for example, yeah 150 a month to have your wheelie bin emptied, a speed bump outside your house and some chav breaking into your car in a council maintained car park. Its one of those things, because fuel is a necessity they think they can charge all they want, and expect us to take it. We're all too soft to say anything.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without being anegitive nelly, things like happen every year and nothing happens becaue there isnt enough people to take time out from their jobs+shite to block a tanker.
cor5a tommy

9th Aug 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is no-one willing to get prices down...im not saying we should go to the offices of the BP directors and force them at gunpoint, but somewhere we need to pull together and tell them to get fcuk'd
cor5a tommy

9th Aug 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easier said than done i admit, but some of you lot must have ideas that will help even if you dont go to a blockade or something like that...know any lorry drivers, they are always willing to help for a tenner lol
Ojc

9th Aug 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Goverment put a ridiculous amount of tax on our fuel prices, remove some of that tax and fuel prices aren't that bad.

For every £1 we spend on petrol, 65p of that goes on fuel duty, so for once blame our goverment not America or the Middle East. Its scandalous.
mark_d
Banned

9th Aug 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed with ollie. was going to say its the government so no point going and protesting against BP
RKS

9th Aug 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a gloucestershire person! dont see many of them on here! where abouts you from mate and whats your car?

But yeh on the petrol note, I agree but problem is you need too many people to stop it plus, we would all need to go out of pocket for however long it takes to get something done,
Tommy

9th Aug 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U all signed up for a Pipeline card ???
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want middle east prices...move to the middle east!!! NOTHING will change here, its an expensive country to live in & that will always be the case!!!!
Tommy

9th Aug 06 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows about road tax going up for bigger engines, think its over 1598cc or something like that.
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudandLow
Hows about road tax going up for bigger engines, think its over 1598cc or something like that.

Yip & 4x4's are going to be about £1k / year!! unlucky
Tommy

9th Aug 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but so are 1.6 engines, how about the fact that newer engines over 1.6 are better for the enviroment than old 1.4s
Fro

9th Aug 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah I've signed up for it

Been waiting ages though!

[Edited on 09-08-2006 by fro-dizzle]
ssj_kakarot

9th Aug 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i strating to think pipeline was just a ploy so he could get money from advertisments ect.

every update he says "well ive always said i would never advertise....but i seen this advertisment that i think you woul like so i stuck it on the website" and obviously got paid for it.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The Goverment put a ridiculous amount of tax on our fuel prices, remove some of that tax and fuel prices aren't that bad.

For every £1 we spend on petrol, 65p of that goes on fuel duty, so for once blame our goverment not America or the Middle East. Its scandalous.

85p mate
sxi boy

9th Aug 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wots a pipeline card?
Marc

9th Aug 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah, get random e mails every now and again telling me nothings happened.

and where the hells my card? Talk about trade discriptions act
jazzer2k3

9th Aug 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jus bought tax for my car a couple weeks back ... £175 for the year (Corsa GSi) wasn't best pleased . . .

Unlucky 2L Turbo ppl
langey

9th Aug 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i dont get, is everyone knows the goverment and there policys are crap, and are all a shower of shite. but every election they get voted to stay in

and the idea about bartering for petrol? well just fuil the car to the brim, then go in and say "insided of paying you none english peaking person £40, i'll give you 2 fingers in stead", then walk out. bartering done.

corsa_godfather

9th Aug 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diesels usually 1p dearer than petrol!
langey

9th Aug 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and 103.9 for petrol, you must be living in the services or daaaan saaaff

90.9 round here, and thats for optimax
Marc

9th Aug 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Optimax is also 103.9 here.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PETROL PRICES...if your not happy with them, read on... 22 database queries in 0.0103791 seconds