corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Toad Ai606 and rear doors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Toad Ai606 and rear doors
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
26th Aug 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question for any9one with a Ai606. Should the alarm sound if the rear doors are opened (i have a 5 door)? I had one fitted yesterday by a toad approvenstaller. The alarm sounds if the front doors are opened, but you can do whatever you want to the rear doors and it doesnt sound, open them, close them, nothing.

Should it be like that or didnt they fit it right? Sounds abit dodgy to me.
Will_Sport

26th Aug 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well usually the alarm for doors opening runs of the pin that activates in the interior light.

so if the light doesn't come on when the rear doors are opened, then they probs won't be hooked up to the alarm.

take it to the dealer and say sort it you retard. (p.s are the rear doors connected to any interior lights?) dunno if 5dr have a seperate interior light in the back
DarkBahamut

26th Aug 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe the 5 doors do have a rear light but only on the GLS models (mines an LS). The front light doesnt come on with the rear doors and theres no pin for a light either like the front doors.

When the rear doors are open the LED doesnt go orange to say theres a door open and the alarm doesnt chirp extra times to say a rear door is open if you arm it with them open. Would seem the rear doors arent connected at all. But surely that fails Thatchham category 1 requirments?
jazzer2k3

26th Aug 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wud ave thought so matey . . . I wud jus simply say to them wot ur problem is, i'm sure they will sort it u out surely ?
DarkBahamut

26th Aug 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I e-mailed the guy that did it and he said it because theres no pins in the rear doors. He can come do it for me for £20 so all the door work which isnt too bad. Just wish he would have said while he was doing it.
jazzer2k3

26th Aug 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yer u would ave thought he wud ave mentioned it to u But £20 thats not bad
DarkBahamut

26th Aug 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol. Ended up having an argument with the guy on the phone cause i sent him this e-mail .

quote:
I can understand it isnt your fault, just would have been nice to have been told the rear doors were not wired up and been given the option during the install. It now means you have to come out again to do this and i have to wait around for it to be done, which is very inconvenient seen as im moving house next saturday. The only days im available are next thursday or friday morning

He said i had an attitude in my e-mails and i was so how saying it was his fault and he didnt do a good job . As i kept telling him (and as i even said in the e-mail), i never said it was his fault there no rear door pins and it is stupid there isnt any, but he clearly didnt check all the car doors before he left, he just check a front one, thought they all worked and left it at that. Not his fault vaux didnt put rear door pins in no, but he didnt check it at the end of the day.

New Poll