corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Shafts again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shafts again
v5uk

User status: Offline
5th Oct 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you use Calibra equal length shafts on a Corsa (obviously with bigger hubs) but are they the same length, also while im at it – Corsa diesel shafts are they 22 spline?? Or is someone ripping the p!£$ out me

cheers Steve
ckallis500

5th Oct 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i have never seen diesel shafts which are 22 spline, best bet is to use the calibra equal length shafts and cv's, all you need then is the modified hubs which u can buy on ebay for £55quid....
Lisa

5th Oct 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got an astra shaft on one side and a calibra shaft on the other side , seems to work ok . the calibra one is the long one.

laurence
v5uk

6th Oct 06 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laurence / Lisa the Astra N/S shaft did you have to fuc about with it or was it a straight fit – just using bigger hubs.

Last conversion I did, (using Calibra shafts) I noticed that the O/S fitted fine but the N/S was slightly too long, other people have said to trim the N/S shaft and make a new ring for the CV cur-clip to fit into, but all sounds a bit dodgy too me.
GSI shafts seam to be a nightmare to get hold of these days.

[Edited on 06-10-2006 by v5uk]
v5uk

6th Oct 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been offered loads of 22 spline shafts but looks like people are counting the out side splines and not the inside spline’s

you need to split the CV off to count the splines

like the pics above.

normal shafts have a inside spline of 28 I'm looking for 22 spline ones

New Poll